Finally, after much speculations, Android 8.0 Oreo is now rolling for OnePlus 5T in the form of OxygenOS Beta 1. It is the numero uno Oreo Beta for the device. Apart from the regular attributes of Oreo, it comes with optimizations for the launcher and App shortcuts.The OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo also brings December 2017 security patch level to the phone.
Now you can Install the Update on your phone right away without waiting for the stable build using this guide. Please note that this update is in beta stage and these builds are sometimes NOT as stable as official OTA update. So take your own risk before flashing the OxygenOS Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T.
Now, being in the Beta phase, it might have few bugs here and there. The stable package will probably drop in a few weeks from now. You can as well officially report on the bugs you may encounter while using the OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo.
The changelog that OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo brings forth to the Oneplus 5T isn’t exactly massive. Yet it mentions of important tweaks performed on the system apart from the regular Oreo features.
- OS level upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Picture in Picture
- Auto-Fill API
- Smart Text Selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Optimized the app shortcut style
- Combine icon options with app shortcuts
- Now upload photos to Shot on OnePlus
Download Latest OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo for OnePlus 5T
Here is the direct official link to download the ROM that brings OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo for the device.
- OxygenOS Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T | Download (Zip file)
How To Install Latest OxygenOS Beta 1 Oreo for OnePlus 5T
Here is the detailed tutorial to flash the latest Oreo Beta OS.
Step-1 Download the ROM(zip file) from the download section.
Step-2 Connect the device to the PC and move the downloaded zip file to your phone’s storage.
Step-3 Reboot your phone into recovery mode by switching off your device and press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
Step-4 Select “Install from internal storage/Install from local”, by scrolling using the volume buttons.
Step-5 Select the zip file that has the latest Beta Oreo ROM.
Step-6 click on “Install” to confirm.
Wait for sometimes as OnePlus 5T will install and reboot itself automatically to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Beta OS.
So, there you go. Now enjoy the Android O on your phone. Do report the bugs in the official forum and comment below if you have any queries regarding the flashing process.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest downloads and updates for OnePlus devices.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device