OnePlus has started rolling out the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 31 and Beta 29 for OnePlus 5/5T devices respectively. As we all know, OxygenOS is one of the Custom Skins which is customizable yet smoother and faster just like a Stock Android. It offers a great user experience to all the OnePlus device users globally while the Chinese variants HydrogenOS also provides the same. Keeping aside the Global Stable version, OnePlus also provides OxygenOS Beta updates quite frequently to all the Beta testers to improve its upcoming stable updates.
The new OxygenOS Open Beta 31 and Beta 29 for OnePlus 5 and 5T brings a new interface for the system updater. The system updater now looks way better and cooler than earlier with its redesigned UI like card-styled Update Log. It also offers new quick reply feature to the notifications and some messaging apps while in landscape mode. However, that was added in Open Beta 30 and Beta 28 update for OnePlus 5/5T devices.
In order to get communicated with the Community feedback by the users, OnePlus has also provided the Community App to the UI. This time, some of the minor changed made to the social page, search result improvement with log recording optimizations.
Table of Contents
- 1 Changelog: OxygenOS Open Beta 31 and Beta 29 for OnePlus 5/5T
- 2 Steps to Download OTA on OnePlus Devices
- 3 Download OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 31 and 29
- 4 How to Install the OxygenOS Open Beta 31/29 on OnePlus 5/5T?
Changelog: OxygenOS Open Beta 31 and Beta 29 for OnePlus 5/5T
- Display overheating device warning
- New UI for system update
- Quick reply
- Supported more IM APPs for Quick Reply in landscape
- Apps don’t get paused when using quick reply in landscape
- Optimized search experience by adding search field, and grouping search results in different categories
- Improved the UI of Social page
- Optimized Log recording in Bug Report section
The Display overheating device warning bug has been fixed now with this update and hopefully, the Stable update will be rolled out soon to all OnePlus 5 and 5T devices.
Steps to Download OTA on OnePlus Devices
As mentioned before, all the OxygenOS Open Beta updates are in incremental mode and will be rolled out via batches. Therefore, it may take a few days than expected. You need to check for the OTA update notifications on your OnePlus devices manually. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to check for OTA.
- Go to device Settings > System > tap on System updates > tap on Check for Updates.
- Check for the official OTA update of Open Beta 31 on OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 29 on your OnePlus 5T devices.
If you can see that the update is available, then Simply tap on Download and install button to start updating process. It’s always better to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network to download the OTAs. This will save your carrier data charges and saves a lot of time as well.
Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% or more before installing the system update. This will reduce the occasional shutdown or low battery failure during system updates.
Download OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 31 and 29
Here the ROM download links given below for both Oneplus 5 and 5T which brings the new Open beta updates.
How to Install the OxygenOS Open Beta 31/29 on OnePlus 5/5T?
In order to install the latest OxygenOS open beta update on OnePlus 5/5T devices, either you can follow the local upgrade method which is very easy and recommended otherwise, follow the ADB Sideload method.
In the local upgrade method, you need to download and move the ROM (.zip) file to your device storage. Then reboot your phone into the recovery mode and flash the firmware file from stock recovery.
Otherwise, you can install the ROM file via ADB Sideload method which is not so hard process but quite lengthy. A detailed guide for both methods provided below.
Before flashing the OTA zip file, you should follow the mentioned instructions given in pre-requirements.
- These ROM files are exclusively for OnePlus 5/5T devices. Don’t use on other device models.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least up to 60%-70% to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 31 and 29 on OnePlus 5/5T [Local Upgrade]
- Download the OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
- Select the OTA file which you moved earlier.
- Now, you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Simply tap on Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery. (Wait for a few minutes)
After installing the OxygenOS firmware, your phone will reboot with the latest software version. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use ADB sideload method to flash the latest Open Beta 31/29 on OnePlus 5/5T. Check out the link below to get a full guide on how to do it.
How to ADB Sideload the ROMHow to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload