OnePlus One (bacon) was launched in April 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on OnePlus One. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS. Also special thanks to XDA member kingdj/baaqil for sharing this on XDA forum.
To install PixysOS on OnePlus One, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Talking about the specifications, OnePlus One features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the OnePlus One comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting cameras. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th iteration of Android OS which is also known as Android Q. The update brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus One based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Update for OnePlus One
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus One [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus One
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For OnePlus One
Steps to Install PixysOS on OnePlus One:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus One (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus One.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus One.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on OnePlus One.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.