In the mid-2019, Xiaomi has launched its another Android One program based smartphone called Mi A3. It’s a mid-budget segment smartphone that features most of the specifications in a competitive price tag. Currently, Xiaomi has started pushing the Mi A3 December 2019 Security patch based on Android 9.0 Pie with a software version V10.3.12.0.PFQMIXM. If you’re interested in manually install the firmware version on your Mi A3, you can download the firmware and follow the guide below.
The Mi A3 (codenamed as laurel_sprout) users will soon receive the OTA update as the update is arriving gradually and may take some time. The latest December 2019 Android Security Patch Level brings a major vulnerability fix that could enable a remote attacker in the Framework component to cause a permanent denial of service.
So, if you’re not getting the OTA update for a while, you can manually check the OTA update. Otherwise, you can install the firmware on your Xiaomi Mi A3 by following the full-depth guide below.
Table of Contents
Download OTA Update
The firmware OTA updates always roll-out in an incremental mode and takes some time to arrive. Initially, the update hit to a limited number of users and then the broader roll-out will hit in a couple of days or weeks.
Meanwhile, you can check OTA updates via device Settings > System > System Update. If the latest December 2019 patch is available on your Mi A3, then you can download and install it.
Before heading over to the firmware installation process, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details below.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A3
- Model: laurel_sprout
- Baseband Version: V10.3.12.0.PFQMIXM
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01 (December)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install V10.3.12.0.PFQMIXM Mi A3 December 2019 Security patch
For the installation, we will use the ADB method. We have linked it below for you, so you can download it. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Mi A3.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A3 (laurel_sprout). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A3.
Stock ROM Installation guide: Mi A3 December 2019 Security patch
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A3 to the latest month’s software.
Flashing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-1 Unlock the bootloader on your Mi A3
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A3. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwise, you can create a Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
Now, let’s see if there is a fastboot OTA zip then how we can flash it.
How to Install the Fastboot ROM.?
- Download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Extract the file with .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- You will need ADB and fastboot for this process. So, install it from the link given above.
- Now enter the Mi A3 into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button at a time.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension and flash it.
You can also upgrade your Mi A3 to the latest security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip file. Check out our guide given below to know more about that.Simple guide to ADB Sideload OTA zip on Xiaomi Mi A3
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the November update now for your Mi A3.