Xiaomi Mi A3 is the latest Android One program based stock Android UI running smartphone by Xiaomi. The handset was launched a couple of months ago this year with as usual best-in-class cameras, AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner, nice looking design, and more. Currently, Xiaomi has released a new Global Stable ROM update for the Mi A3 (Codenamed as laurel sprout) that includes the latest November 2019 Android Security Patch level. If you’re using the Xiaomi Mi A3 handset and want to install the update, you can Download V10.3.9.0.PFQMIXM: November 2019 patch for Mi A3 from this article.
The latest November 2019 Security Patch update is based on Android 9.0 Pie that comes with the software version V10.3.9.0.PFQMIXM. Each and every month Google releases a new security patch update with some major bug fixes that help the users and their devices keep safe. The latest November 2019 patch also improves the system security and fixes a major vulnerability in the system component that could enable remote attack via a crafted file on a smartphone. There are no other additional improvements available in this update. According to the Mi Community, the new firmware update is being pushed out to Global users of the Xiaomi Mi A3 devices via OTA in batches.
Now, if you’re looking for the latest firmware update to install on your Mi A3 handset, then this article is for you. Here we have shared the November 2019 patch firmware zip file along with the requirements and installation process below. We hope this will help you to flash the firmware on your device.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Xiaomi always provides firmware updates via OTA in a phased manner and it arrives on a limited number of devices at first. Then in a few days, the update rolls out broadly. Therefore, it will take some time than usual and fully depends on the region & mobile carrier as well.
However, if you can’t wait any more time, just go to device Settings -> System -> tap on System update. If the new November 2019 patch for Mi A3 (V10.3.9.0.PFQMIXM) is available for your device, simply download & install the update without wasting any more time.
After the complete installation process, your device may reboot automatically and will boot into a new system. This process may take a couple of minutes, so please have some patience.
We suggest you use a working Wi-Fi network in order to save the carrier data charges. It will also speed up the firmware download that will end up with a faster and stable upgrading process as well. Make sure to keep your phone charged more than 50% minimum.
Now, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details below:
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A3
- Codename: laurel sprout
- Baseband Version: V10.3.9.0.PFQMIXM
- Security Patch Level: 2019-11-01 (November )
- Android OS: 9.0
- GApps: Included
- Type: Software Update (Global Stable ROM)
Steps to Install V10.3.9.0.PFQMIXM November 2019 patch for Mi A3
Before going to the firmware flashing steps manually, follow the required points below at first.
- This firmware is for the Xiaomi Mi A3 model only. Make sure that your Mi A3 handset is running a Stock ROM. [Do not try on other models]
- Keep your device charged more than 50% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- The bootloader of Mi A3 should be unlocked.
- Take a complete backup fo your device data. It’s a good practice to keep a backup every time before flashing anything.
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC. [Android USB Drivers]
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot on your computer.
There are two different ways to flash the Stock Firmware on your Mi A3 device for Recovery or OTA update. Let’s take a look at both the steps below. You have to follow one method from them according to your downloaded firmware.
Installing the TWRP Flashable Zip
- We assume that you’ve already unlocked the bootloader on your Mi A3 device by following the guide above.
- The TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device in order to flash the firmware zip file.
- Download and move the flashable Stock ROM zip file on the device storage.
- Next, enter your device into Recovery Mode that’s the TWRP mode in this case.
- If you have installed the TWRP Recovery, then you can create a Nandroid backup on your phone as well.
- From the main menu of TWRP, tap on the Install button. Browse and select the ROM zip file.
- Confirm it and Swipe to flash.
- Next, perform Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Restart your phone and you’re done.
Steps to Flash the Fastboot ROM
- First of all, download the Fastboot ROM zip file from above.
- Now, extract the file with .bat extension from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure that ADB & Fastboot is installed. Here ADB and Fastboot will require for this process.
- You have to enter your Mi A3 device into Fastboot mode by press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Now, connect your device to the PC/Laptop via a USB cable.
- In the fastboot mode, select the firmware file with .bat extension and flash it manually.
- Wait for it to install completely. Reboot your device.
Additionally, you can ADB Sideload OTA zip file on your Mi A3 device in order to upgrade the firmware easily. Check out the steps below:How to ADB Sideload OTA zip on Xiaomi Mi A3
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article useful and successfully installed the latest November 2019 patch on your Mi A3 device. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.