To maintain its legacy, the Mi A3 was launched in July 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie (Android One) which was the successor of the last generation’s Mi A2 model. Now, the company has finally started pushing the latest Android 10 stable update for the Mi A3. Previously, the update was released with a couple of bugs and the company has halted the roll-out process. Now, all the Mi A3 users can download Mi A3 Android 10 with March Patch with a software version V126.96.36.199.QFQMIXM.
Currently, the OTA update is rolling out to the Mi A3 devices that have received the initial Android 10 stable update. Therefore, it weighs a smaller 32MB size that includes three native Android 10 features like Dark theme, Gesture navigation, Privacy control. Meanwhile, the update comes with the latest March 2020 Android Security Patch Level for the Mi A3 that will improve the system security & bug fixes. Now, all the interested users should check for OTA updates.
Table of Contents
- Android security patch updated to March 5, 2020.
- Correction of the error when starting the Pro Mode in the Spanish language of Spain on the camera.
- Fixed bug where fingerprint sensor was not showing on the lock screen
Check OTA Updates
To be specific, those are receiving the stable Android 10 update on their Mi A3 for the first time, the OTA file size is around 1.3GB or 1.37GB approximately. In both cases, the eagerly waited users can check the software update via the Settings > System > System Update > Check for updates. If a new firmware update is available, just download and install it.
As the OTA update is waving its way in a phased manner, it will take some time to arrive update on all the units completely. Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and charge your device fully.
Android 10 Changelog
- Dark mode in the system.
- Smart answers.
- New permissions for more privacy and transparency.
- Advanced volume control from any screen.
- New Digital Wellbeing Features
- Gesture navigation
- Always-on screen
Steps to Install V188.8.131.52.QFQMIXM: Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 with March Patch
For the installation, we will use the ADB method. We have linked it below for you, so you can download it. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Mi A3.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A3. Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A3.
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A3 to the latest month’s software.How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware using Fastboot and Recovery ROM
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the December 2019 patch update now for your Mi A3.
Source: Mi Community