Asus started rolling a new update for Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL/ ZS602KL) which upgrades the security patch level and fixed bugs. The update is labeled with build number WW-15.1630.1903.89 and rolling out for users globally over-the-air. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities in both Android OS and Asus’s software ZenUI.
With this update, Asus improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Asus ROG Phone. You can check for the software update manually from the Asus ROG Phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Then tap on System update> Check for update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package manually. The firmware with build number WW-15.1630.1903.89 is currently available for download from below.
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the WW-15.1630.1903.89 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Asus ROG Phone must have at least 50% or more before installing the new security update.
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the latest March 2019 security patch for Asus ROG Phone.
- Device Name: Asus ROG Phone
- Model: ZS600KL/ ZS602KL
- Baseband Version: WW-15.1630.1903.89
- Security Patch Level: 2019-03-01
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- Region: Global
- Changelog:1.Updated Android security patch to 2019/03/01.
2.Fixed the issue that the sound volume was small while answering Line call or phone call via bluetooth headset (LYEJ02LM).
3.Fixed the issue that tapping a notification on lock screen led to home screen instead of the app.
4.Fixed Game Genie crash issue.
5.Fixed the crash issue when using Gamevice controller.
6.Fixed the crash issue of “交管12123”.
7.Fixed the issue that game video could not be recorded when using gamevice controller with earphone.
8.Fixed the issue that FPS count was incorrect when playing “War Robots”.
9,Fixed the issue that “Between” notifications could not be received after the app was cleaned.
10.Fixed the mouse issue when using KeyMapping in Professional Dock.
11.Fixed the issue that the system did not respond after closing apps in the recent apps screen.
12.Fixed the issue that “麥當勞報報” notification could not be received after the app was cleaned.
13.Fixed the call issue caused by answering call in game and then exiting.
14.Fixed the hanging issue of PUBG in Mobile Deskto Dock.
15.Fixed the issue that Aura light did not work after undocking from AeroActive Cooler.
16.Fixed the issue that ProtonVPN disconnected after the app was cleaned.
17.Fixed Mobile Manager crash issue.
How to Install Update on Asus ROG Phone.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Asus ROG Phone. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- Supported for Asus ROG Phone [ZS600KL/ ZS602KL]
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware 15.1630.1903.89 from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-15.1630.1903.89.
So, that’s it, guys. Grab the WW-15.1630.1903.89 update fortify your Asus ROG Phone from all security vulnerabilities. We hope his tutorial was useful. If you have got any doubts then do reach us through the comments section.