The DPTF or Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework is a thermal and power management solution available on all the systems having an Intel chipset. It is more like an integrated device that is used to resolve system overheating, fan noise, and performance issues related to the system.
Fixes for Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem
Recently a lot of users have been reported saying that the Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework is not working. As per the suffered users, the issue is related to a driver problem, which ends up showing a prompt stating, “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing”. Today in this article, we have tried to list some of the best possible fixes that will help you resolve the “Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem.”
FIX 1: Update your PC’s BIOS:
As per some of the users, updating the BIOS of your system has helped them in getting rid of the “Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem.” Though, any mistakes or incorrect steps while updating the BIOS can show negative results in your system. Thus, we recommend you to ensure that every action you perform is 100% correct. For updating your PC’s BIOS in Windows 10:
- For the BIOS updating process, users need to enter their PC manufacturer’s driver downloads page using a browser.
- Here on the manufacturer’s website, enter the model and platform details (Laptop or PC), and it will open a specific driver download page. (All the exact details are available on Windows 10 System Information window.)
- Locate the BIOS file of your Device’s manufacturer’s website.
- Once you locate it, click on its Download button.
- Hereafter, extract and open the downloaded BIOS update file and follow the onscreen instructions as scripted by the BIOS update tool.
- Once the BIOS updating process is done, check whether the said issue is resolved or not.
FIX 2: Restore Windows 10 to an old/ earlier date:
There could be some possible chances that a recent program or software download/ updated in your system might trigger the “Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem.” Now finding the particular program and uninstalling it could be a tedious task; hence we recommend you to restore your Windows 10 to an earlier date. Doing this will take your system to the point where the estimated problem-causing software/ program would not have been existed. For entering an old date, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press Windows key and R altogether to launch the RUN dialogue box.
- Now in the empty text box, type “rstrui” and then click on OK. It will launch the System Restore Utility.
- On the System Restore window, select the Choose a different restore point radio circular button and then click on Next.
- Now select a Restore point of an earlier date (a week or month before).
- For checking the effects (program/ software/ files removal, undo settings) of restoring to old date, click on the Scan for affected programs tab.
- After that, click on the Next and Finish tab.
Once done, it will undo any of the recent device changes that triggered the “Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem.” Now check whether the fix worked or not for you.
FIX 3: Use an automatic Driver updating software:
When a corrupt, outdated, or missing driver might end you up with the “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware, the driver may be corrupted or missing” error. In such cases, it is advisable to update the related drivers. You can do so by using an automatic driver updating tool.
These were all the possible fixes that will help users experiencing the “Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Problem.” The Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework is an essential solution for your system, and hence any issues with its driver must be resolved at first.
The fixes mentioned in this article above are all tried and tested and have helped the real-time users. However, if none of them works for you, we recommend you reset Windows 10 or reinstall the platform with a clean install method. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.