Here in this guide, we will share with you Easy Method To Root Infinix Note 6 Using Magisk [No TWRP needed]. The Infinix Note 6 (X610B) runs on Android 9.0 Pie and powered by MediaTek process. Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, or other devices running on the Android OS. This gives the user superuser access or control over the system or subsystem. It offers admin permissions to customize or edit or delete system settings and system apps as well.
The default smartphone OEMs doesn’t offer root access with the Stock ROM. But you can enable root access or install any Custom ROMs easily on your Android device. But if in case, your device gets bricked or you’re facing any software bug, you can root your device via Magisk. The best part is that Magisk root process doesn’t require Custom TWRP Recovery. By the help of rooting, you will also be able to flash any custom ROM or mod files on your Android device easily.
Google’s Android is very customizable and easy to use. If you’re a developer or an advanced user, you can tweak your Android phone in many ways. By rooting your Android device, you can simply tweak the system apps and settings like changing themes, uninstalling bloatware, etc.
- After rooting, you won’t be able to receive OTA updates automatically.
- In addition, your device may brick easily due to improper rooting steps or your device warranty may void as well.
- Take a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Root Infinix Note 6 using Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below before doing something wrong.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 60% at least.
- Take a full backup of your device data before doing anything.
- You will require a USB Cable to connect your device with a PC.
- A PC/Laptop also required for the flashing process.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Then download the Infinix USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Download the Latest Infinix Note 6 Firmware.
- Now, download & install the SP Flash tool on your PC. (Required for a MediaTek device)
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- We assume that you’ve already downloaded the Stock ROM. Now, just extract it on your PC.
- Connect your Infinix Note 6 device via a USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select Install option to choose the file.
- Now, tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Head over to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Finally, you need to follow the second method to flash the patched boot image file on your Infinix Note 6 smartphone.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on any Infinix Note 6
Check out the full guide mentioned below in a link for proper steps.
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Next, you need to extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and right click on the mouse to open the Command Window.
- Then type the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- You need to replace filename.img with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file which you have downloaded.
- The flashing process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- First, download the Magisk Manager app APK file and install it on your device.
- Open the app and check the Status mode. If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
We hope that you’ve successfully rooted your device via Magisk. If you’re facing any issue or have any queries, you can ask in the comments down below.