Apple last year announced the iOS 13 and iPadOS, Which comes with a revamped photo’s app. Which packed features tool that you can use to creator edit photos. Which means you don’t require a third party software for simple editing on your device. Even the iPhone also allows users to edit videos, and there was some primary editing tool that you can use.
Today we are going to teach you how you can edit videos using Photos app in iOS 13 and iPadOS. The essential feature that photos app allows is to trim the video and slow-motion video editing. However, the photos edits are quite identical in iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. When you are using iCloud images, then you can edit any video or Photos across all devices. It will be an in-Depth article about photo editing tools.
Table of Contents
- 1 View and Edit Photo in the Photos app?
- 2 How to Trim your Video?
- 3 How to Customize your Slow Motion Video
- 4 How to Duplicate your Video?
- 5 How to adjust the light and color?
- 6 How to Apply Filter to your Video?
- 7 How to Rotate video
- 8 How to Mute/Unmute video Sound.
- 9 How to Trim video
- 10 How to Adjust Brightness, Saturation, and Exposure in Video?
- 11 How to Undo video to the original?
- 12 Use Third-Party apps.
- 13 Link your Videos to your iCloud?
View and Edit Photo in the Photos app?
Apple delivers a seamless editing feature on your device. Where you have to click on the “Edit” button to enter the editing mode, at the end Click on “Done,” and it will save the final result on your photo library alongside the original video clip.
How to Trim your Video?
Starting with the essential editing tool, We all have a video that is too long because Mail or Message was only allows you to send a short length of the video. Whereas, you can’t send an excessively long video over Mail or Message. Whereas, Just trimming the video and make it short seems to be handy and easy for users. Here you have to select an initial and final point of the video that makes video shorter.
- Open the “Photo” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, Tap of the video that you want to edit.
- Click on the “Edit” menu.
- Now, Move the sliders from both sides of the video according to start and stop time-based on your preferences.
(Left side of the slider is initial or start, and the right side drag is the final point or endpoint.)
- If you want to view a preview, your video, Tap on the “Play button.”
- Lastly, Tap “Done.”
(Click was now saved on your device.)
Note: your original video and trimmed video both are saved in your library.
How to Customize your Slow Motion Video
There were different camera modes, which gives you multiple options to record a video including slow Motion. When you record a video using Slow-Motion mode on your iPhone and Then you can edit your video in the Slow Motion effect to give the video in-depth effect details. There you have multiple options to customize, such as the normal speed and Slow down as for your details that you would want to miss.
In photo apps, you have to open the video and select the “Slo-Mo” then tap on edit. Drag the vertical bars according to your preference and save in your photo library.
How to Duplicate your Video?
Before editing, makes sure you have a duplicate in case the original file would not delete. It is also important because if that you are going to edit doesn’t give you perfect results, and then you might have to re-start editing.
- Open the “Photo” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the video clip that you want to edit.
- Click on the “Share” button.
(Share button placed on the bottom of the device.)
- Now, choose the “Duplicate” options menu.
(Your copy of the video will be created and save in your photo library.)
- That’s it, Now Select a duplicate file for editing instead of using original or you do not end up with the wrong decision.
Additionally, You can adjust the frame and aspect ratio of the image. Whereas, the preview for original and previous tab placed on the upper-right corner of the screen. Additionally, You can adjust the frame and aspect ratio of the image. Whereas, the preview for original and previous tab placed on the upper-right corner of the screen. Even if you didn’t like the result, you could reset on the same window screen.
How to adjust the light and color?
- Open the “Photo” app and select the photo or video that you want to edit.
- Now, Tap on “Edit.”
- Then, Swipe up and view the editing button for effect.
- Then drag the slider to adjust the effect with the help of a button or slider.
- Set your preferable edit and apply the filer, If you are not happy with the end result, then revert it and apply again.
- Tap “Done” to save your edit to your photo app library.
How to Apply Filter to your Video?
There were several effects and filters available on your iPad and iPhone.
- Open the “Photo” app on your device and select the “Video Clip” that you want to edit.
- Tap on the “Edit” option.
(Placed in the top left corner of the display.)
- Choose the “Filter icon,” Swipe to change or choose the correct filter for your video.
(Filter icon placed on the bottom, Swipe left or right on a horizontal bar placed at the bottom to preview more filters.)
- Some of the popular filters were Vivid Warm, Dramatic Cool to retro style mono.
- After applying the correct filter that suits your video, then click on the “Done” button.
- It takes some time to render and to save on your photo library.
How to Rotate video
Sometimes we record a video in Portrait orientation or Landscape Orientation, but later, you want to change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape or Vice-versa. It was also simple to do that in a couple of steps.
- Launch the “Photo” app on your device and tap on a video that you want to rotate.
- Now, Click on “Edit” placed in the top right corner of the device.
- Then, select the “Crop icon” placed at the bottom of the device.
- Simply tap on the “Rotate” button placed on the left corner of the device.
- You will find options that allow you to change the orientation from Portrait to landscape or vise-versa of the video.
- At the same window page, you also can change the mirror or apply the mirror effect placed on the right corner of the screen.
(Which changes the side of the object swipe left/right.)
- If you are unsatisfied without the result, then you can click on “Reset” all changes.
- Finally, Click on Done to Save the Video in your photo library.
How to Mute/Unmute video Sound.
Sometimes, the noise looks awkward or whatever the reason, and you can also mute or unmute video sound.
- Open the “Photo” app and select the video that you choose for edit.
- Tap on the “Edit” button placed on the top-right.
- Then, Click on the “Volume” button to mute/unmute the sound.
(Volume button placed on the top-left side or screen.)
- Click on “Done” to confirm to save a video in your library.
How to Trim video
You can easily trim video in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 because it one of the most basic editing tools requires.
- Open the “Photo” app on your device and choose the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the “Edit” button placed in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, Click on “Video icon” at the bottom of the screen.
- Drag left or right, Set the scenarios that you want to trim.
- Click on “Done” to confirm your clip complete the clip, and it saves to your photo library.
Note: you can video by clicking on the thumbnails for a quick view.
How to Adjust Brightness, Saturation, and Exposure in Video?
As for little adjustment in your brightness, Exposure, Saturation, and more auto-enhancement tool help to edit a little further with fine adjustment.
- Open the “Photo” app.
- Select the video to edit.
- Tap on the “Edit” button placed on the upper right corner.
- Choose the “Video Adjustment button” placed on the Mid-Let button.
- If you want auto-adjustment, then Select “Auto-Enhancement.”
- On the other hand, you can adjust the Highlight, Shadow, Saturation, Black Point, Brightness, Exposer, Tint, Warmth, and Vibrancy.
- Click on “Done” to confirm and save the images on your photo library.
How to Undo video to the original?
In case you want to revert video to original and want to do re-adjustment. Then you can revert to original before saving or done.
Open the “Photo” and choose the preferable video to edit.
Click on the “Edit” button.
You will find the “Revert” button placed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Click on “Revert” to undo throughout the “Original.”
After an edit, you have to press “Done” to confirm and save the edited video to your photo library.
Use Third-Party apps.
There were many third-party apps available for video and image edit, As for your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch. You can install if you believe that the stock photo apps is not enough for you.
Link your Videos to your iCloud?
You can also use your iCloud account to share videos or photos using social media apps such as WhatsApp, Message, Email, among more. If you uploaded images over there, then you need to share the link, and the video or image will be embedded there. Which seems quite handy means you don’t have to invest your data over sharing multiple times. Moreover, if you are using iCloud Photos, then it requires an iOS 8.1 or iPadOS13 or later.
Hopefully, you are now using the Stock photo app editing tool on your device. Also, Apple iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 comes with quick toggle for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow us to switch from the control center. Similarly, We believe it is quite handy to have a Built-in video editor make more sense likely it will be improved in the future with more tools. We like to know your opinion did you use a photo editing tool instead of a third-party or what’s your take on it. Please share it with us in the comment section down below.