These days almost each and every user prefers to use an email account for sending or receiving emails via mobile app or website. It becomes easier and convenient when it comes to emergency or speed. Now, all the smartphones doe have a built-in mail app for using your preferred mail account directly from your device. But some times, users can’t set-up or add email accounts due to some issues. Check this troubleshooting guide on How to fix email setup errors on iPhone 11 series devices easily.
It’s also worth mentioning that the users can easily add their email account or even multiple accounts like Google, iCloud, Yahoo or other on their iPhones by just entering the email ID and password. Still, users can get the mentioned error due to wrong credentials or software-related issues or an outdated app version or internet connection, etc.
- Steps to fix email setup errors on iPhone 11, cannot set up/add an email account
Steps to fix email setup errors on iPhone 11, cannot set up/add an email account
Though, iOS automatically uses the correct email account settings for the account setup. It can not be always the same and some times users may get issues with their email accounts during the setup process. So, if you’re unable to set up the email account on your iPhone 11, just make sure that the internet connection is working fine.
Meanwhile, you need to also check whether the mail server is running properly or not. Then check the device storage and check for any pending mail app update as well. Once done, follow the steps below.
1. Force Reboot your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and wait for the device to boot.
2. Retry to Log In your email account to fix email setup errors on iPhone 11
- Tap on the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Go to Accounts & Passwords.
- Select your preferred email account.
- Next, tap on Account > head over to the Password under the Incoming Mail Server.
- Delete the old email password and type the new password again.
- Then tap on the Done button.
Now, set up the mail account server as well by following the steps below.
- Open the iPhone Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap on your email account > tap on the email address.
- Check the account details like incoming and outgoing mail servers.
If the email server settings don’t match with the server settings of the mail app, then you should configure it properly.
3. Refresh the Internet Connection
- Open the device Settings > turn the Airplane Mode toggle on.
- Wait for around 10-15 seconds and then turn off the Airplane Mode again.
- Next, turn on the mobile data or Wi-Fi network to check the mail error.
4. Check iOS Update
- Go to the Settings > General > Software Update.
- It will automatically check for the available software update.
- If a new software update is available, just download and install it using a Wi-Fi network.
5. Check and Update Mail App to fix email setup errors on iPhone 11
- Open the App Store application on the iPhone 11.
- Then tap on the user profile icon from the top right corner > Tap on the Update option beside the Mail app under the Available Updates (if available).
6. Reset All Settings on iPhone 11
- Launch the iPhone Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode.
- Choose Reset all settings again to proceed.
- Restart your iPhone 11.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this troubleshooting guide useful. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.