When you try to join a server and play with friends in Enshrouded, you might encounter the frustrating “Joining Game Failed” error. But don’t worry. If you’re interested in getting back into the game but are hampered by this common connectivity issue, then this guide is for you.
It can be annoying, especially when you’re planning to play with friends. Enshrouded players often encounter other technical issues outside of this server-related problem that we will discuss in another article. So, for now, let’s get started with this one on how to fix the Enshrouded joining game failed error.
- How to Fix Enshrouded Joining Game Failed Error
How to Fix Enshrouded Joining Game Failed Error
So, here are some fixes that will help you troubleshoot the Enshrouded Joining Game failed error:
Fix 1: Check the Server’s Status
In order to explore more technical solutions, you must first confirm that the server isn’t causing the problem. Identify if a maintenance period or issue is affecting the server by checking the server status. If you purchase Enshrouded Dedicated Server through Steam, you’ll find it in your Steam Library:
- From your Steam library, launch Enshrouded Dedicated Server.
- On the tab Installed Files, find the “enshrouded_server.json” file.
- Use a program like Notepad to open the file.
- In the console or log files, you should be able to see the status of the server.
Fix 2: Run the Game as Admin
It is recommended that the session host and anyone joining a multiplayer session run the game as administrators in order to avoid issues. Here are the steps to access your Enshrouded directory and set the .exe file to run as administrator:
- In your Steam Library, right-click on Enshrouded.
- Go to “Manage” and click “Browse local files.”
- Right-click enshrouded.exe and choose “Properties.”
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab and check the “Run this program as an administrator” box.
- Make sure the application is applied and closed.
- See if you can join a server once you have set your game to run as administrator. However, there’s a possibility that it might not, as it seems like the session host is having a problem.
Fix 3: Lower In-Game Settings
In-game graphics settings should be made as low as possible to ease strain on your system. The higher the graphics setting, the more strain your hardware will undergo, resulting in crashes. This strain can be reduced by lowering the graphics settings.
Fix 4: Adjust the Steam Download Region
You can resolve connection issues by setting your Steam client’s download region to match your friend’s or the server’s. There is, however, a possibility that this won’t work for all users. Your Steam Settings must show the same region as your friend’s to ensure stability. Follow these steps to adjust your download region:
- Navigate to “Steam” at the top of the page, and click “Settings“.
- Select the “Downloads” tab in the settings window.
- Select “Download Region“. There’s no need to manually select a region since it is usually set to automatically match your location. If you are trying to join a server, choose the same region as your friends.
- To apply the changes, restart your Steam client once you’ve changed the download region.
Fix 5: Keep the Server-Updated
The importance of keeping your server up to date cannot be overstated. To address common issues, developers release updates and hotfixes frequently. It is possible to experience connection problems if your server is outdated. You can do that by opening SteamCMD and typing the app_update command followed by the ID of the Enshrouded server you wish to update.
Fix 6: Add Server to Steam Favorites
- Select “Servers” under “View” in the top menu of your Steam client. On the “Favorites” tab, click “Add a Server“. You must enter the IP address of your Enshrouded server here in order to add it to your favourites.
- Whenever you are adding the server, be sure to use the Query Port, not the Game Port. In most cases, the game port appears when you copy from the Nitrado game server page. In most cases, Steam and other services use the Query Port for querying server information.
- Launch Enshrouded and select a server. To find your server, use the filter option. It should appear if added correctly.
- Whether you encounter the “Joining Game Failed” error depends on whether your server appears in the list.
Fix 7: Edit Server Name and Password
You are essentially creating a new identity for your server when you change the server name and password. If a game client cannot establish a connection with the server, this can sometimes resolve the problem. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Navigate to your server’s dashboard on your server provider’s website. Find out how to access the Web UI. On the dashboard, there is usually a button or link for this.
- It’s important to stop the server before making any changes. On the Web UI, this should be possible. By doing this, you can be sure that any changes you make are saved and applied correctly.
- Go to the Web UI and click the settings button to change the server name and password. Choose a server name and a password. Keep in mind any guidelines your server provider provides regarding acceptable passwords and names.
- Once you’ve made the changes, save them and restart the server. Thus, the changes can take effect.
Fix 8: Factory Reset the Server
A factory reset of your Enshrouded server is the result of restoring it to its original settings. Due to the fact that it will wipe all data on the server, including your saved file, this is a last-resort solution. You should always back up all of your saved files. It might also be possible to fix the issue by updating the game after performing a factory reset if the factory reset alone is not working. Here are the steps:
- Locate the Enshrouded server files in the directory.
- Before proceeding, ensure all important files, such as game saves and server configurations, are backed up.
- SteamCMD installs them in the SteamCMD folder. You will find a subfolder called Enshrouded.
- Disk space on your Enshrouded server can be increased if the files in the directory are deleted. In this way, your server will be effectively reset.
- SteamCMD can be used to reinstall Enshrouded by logging in and running force_install_dir<path to your Enshrouded server directory>.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix the Enshrouded Joining Game failed error on your Windows PC. Thank you for reading this guide. We hope it has been helpful. You can ask for more help by commenting below.