Today Samsung in the USA started pushing the November 2020 security patch update with build number F916U1TBS1BTK2 / F916U1UES1BTK2 for the US Unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 carrier (SM-F916U1). This update is now live US Unlocked carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Tracfone, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech, and Sprint. This new build for the US Unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 is based on Android 10.
The update is rolling over-the-air and it should reach the users in the USA soon. However, if you can’t wait, and want to upgrade your Galaxy Z Fold 2 (SM-F916U1) to the new update, then we have got the F916U1TBS1BTK2 / F916U1UES1BTK2 firmware zip file for you. All you need to do is install the update using the ODIN flash tool. You can make use of our tutorial for this purpose.
Table of Contents
Download OTA Update
In case you are yet to see an automatic update prompting you to download and install the latest software build F916U1TBS1BTK2 / F916U1UES1BTK2 on your Galaxy Z Fold 2, then, you can start searching for it manually.
To do it, go to device Settings > About Device. Under that hit on the System Update > now tap on Check for Updates.
If the latest update is available, then download it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Also, make sure your Galaxy Z Fold 2 is not low on battery otherwise the update process will be stalled.
How to Install November Patch on Galaxy Z Fold 2
In case manual searching for OTA also fails, you can simply download the F916U1TBS1BTK2 / F916U1UES1BTK2 firmware zip and install it manually on your device. However, before installing, let’s check out the basic info about the stock firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Model No: SM-F916U1
- Region: USA
- Carriers: US Unlocked
- Build number: F916U1TBS1BTK2 / F916U1UES1BTK2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Security Patch Level: 2020-11-01
Before you flash the stock firmware, you need to follow some guidelines and get some other tools with you which is important for the installation.
- The firmware we have put up here is exclusively for the US Unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 variant (SM-F916U1). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone up to 50% or more to perform the installation without interruptions.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the tutorial to install the stock ROM on your Galaxy Z Fold 2.
So, that’s it. Download the firmware and flash it now to step up your Galaxy Z Fold 2 variant to the November 2020 patch. We hope that this guide was useful to you.