Huawei Honor 9i is the first smartphone Huawei brand to sport bezel-less 18:9 ratio screen. If you have bought this device, then there is a chance that you may want to Perform Factory Data reset on Honor 9i. So in this guide, we will give you the brief detail on How to Hard reset Honor 9i.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Honor 9i features a 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) and HiSilicon Kirin 659 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Honor 9i comes with Dual 16MP + 2MP rear Camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash and 13MP + 2MP front shooting camera.
Sometimes things can go out of control anytime with a device even if it is a brand new one. Many times a user fails to know what exactly the issue with their smartphone is even after everything seems to work fine. If you own an Honor 9i are experiencing some minor issues with the same, we guide you on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on Honor 9i.
The fact is many times smartphones experiences problems when we need them in an emergency. Imagine a situation you are in a middle of something and have an emergency. In case your device faces issues in such a situation, a factory data reset can surely bring it into a good working condition at least for the time being. A factory resets to let you have a novel start by deleting everything on your smartphone. Of course, you can save data before you proceed, but because factory reset erases everything, all the viruses and unauthorized files present in the device will also be gone. We mentioned a few steps in this post that are useful for performing simply both a hard and soft factory reset on Honor 9i.
How to perform Factory Data Reset on Honor 9i
Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory reset on Honor 9i. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it. There are two options available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset while other is soft factory reset. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Honor 9i factory reset. Basically, a soft reset is considered as best when you are able to boot into Android. This is due to the fact that it’s easy and quick. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Honor 9i.
Instructions for Soft Factory Reset
- Firstly open the setting applications on Honor 9i.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Honor 9i.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Honor 9i will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back into Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data reset on Honor 9i
It’s worth mentioning here that you must keep the backup of apps, data or anything important you kept in the device before you actually perform the factory reset. It really doesn’t matter which method you choose, results will be similar. It is recommended to you to go with hard reboot only in case you are not able to boot into Android.
I hope this guide was helpful to perform Factory Data reset on Honor 9i.