Huawei launched Huawei Mate 10, the successor to last year model Huawei Mate 9. If you have bought this device, then there is a chance that you may want to Perform Factory Data reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro. So in this guide, we will give you the brief detail on How to Hard reset Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
Talking about the specs, Both Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro looks identical except in screen size and shape. The Huawei Mate 10 features a 5.9-inch 2560 x 1440 LCD display while Mate 10 Pro comes with 6-inch 2160 x 1080 OLED display. The display aspect ratio is also different with both the phone, where mate 10 comes with 16:9 and Mate 10 Pro has 18:9 which makes the Mate 10 Pro feels like a smaller phone. It is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 Processor clubbed by 4GB of RAM. It has Internal storage of 64GB. You can even expand the expandable memory up to 256GB. Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Sports dual cameras with f/1.6 at the rear and 8MP camera at the front for selfie shoot. It has a 4000mAh non-removable battery. The smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and will soon release the Android 8.0 Oreo update.
After buying any new smartphone, things can go out of control anytime with a device. Many times a user fails to know what exactly the issue with their smartphone is even after everything seems to work fine. If you own a Huawei Mate 10/Pro are experiencing some minor issues with the same, we guide you on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Mate 10/Pro and Lite
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Stock Firmware Collections
- How to Record Slow Motion Video on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- How to Take a Screenshot On Huawei Mate 10 And Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Stock Firmware Collections
The fact is many times smartphones experiences problems when we need them in an emergency. Imagine a situation you are in a middle of something and have an emergency. In case your Mate 10 faces issues in such a situation, a factory data reset can surely bring it into a good working condition at least for the time being. A factory resets to let you have a novel start by deleting everything on your smartphone. Of course, you can save data before you proceed, but because factory reset erases everything, all the viruses and unauthorized files present in the device will also be gone. We mentioned a few steps in this post that are useful for performing simply both a hard and soft factory reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
How to perform Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro
Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it. There are two options available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset while other is soft factory reset. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Huawei Mate 10/Pro factory reset. Basically, a soft reset is considered as best when you are able to boot into Android. This is due to the fact that it’s easy and quick. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
Instructions for Soft Factory Reset
- Firstly open the setting applications on Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Huawei Mate 10/Pro.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Huawei Mate 10/Pro will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back into Android.
- That's it! You have done the Factory Data reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro
It’s worth mentioning here that you must keep the backup of apps, data or anything important you kept in the device before you actually perform the factory reset. It really doesn’t matter which method you choose, results will be similar. It is recommended to you to go with hard reboot only in case you are not able to boot into Android.
I hope this guide was helpful to perform Factory Data reset on Huawei Mate 10/Pro.