After upgrading to the latest iOS version, your iPhone 11 may face plenty of issues or bugs from the software-side which can cause down your user experience. Some of the after update software-related issues are quite often like battery draining, display freezing, atypical display motion, ghost touch, app force closes, and more. If you’re an iPhone 11 user and facing a similar kind of issue, check How to Fix Atypical display motions or ghost touch bug on iPhone 11.
However, it may also happen due to the display problem or dropping your iPhone on the floor or any other hardware issues as well. So, make sure that your device is fully intact from inside. If you’ve dropped your device and feel that your device display starts facing issues after that drop, you need to repair your handset. But if everything is fine from the hardware-side, then follow the possible solutions that we’ve mentioned below.
How to Fix Atypical display motions or ghost touch bug on iPhone 11
By performing these mentioned workarounds can completely fix the atypical display motions or ghost touch issue on your iPhone.
1. Force Close All Running Apps and Reboot iPhone
- Swipe up from the bottom of the display and hold while in the middle screen to appear the app cards/previews.
- Now, swipe up all the cards one by one to dismiss all the running apps.
- Once done, restart your handset by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power/Side button together for a few seconds.
- It will bring the Slide to Power off bar > drag the slider to turn it off.
- Next, press and hold the Power/Side button for a couple of seconds and the Apple logo will appear.
- Release the button and wait for the device to boot.
2. Update All the Pending Apps
- Go to the App Store icon > tap on the Profile icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Update option next to each and every pending app under the Available Updates.
- If you want, you can update multiple apps by selecting the Update All option.
It’s also worth mentioning that on the iOS system, you won’t get notified whether any app update is available or not. So, it’s better to set update apps automatically option via the device Settings > iTunes & App Store > turn on the toggle of Apps and App Updates for automatic downloads.
Additionally, enable Automatic Downloads with Always Ask option.
3. Reset All Settings to Fix Atypical display motions on iPhone 11
- Head over to the Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and continue.
- Tap on Reset All Settings to confirm the process.
- Then reboot your iPhone.
4. Perform Factory Reset
- Go to the iPhone Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on Erase all content and settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode.
- Next, confirm the task by tapping to erase the internal data and settings on your iPhone.
5. Connect to iTunes and Restore your iPhone
Make sure that you’ve already backed up the previous iOS version via iTunes on your PC. If not backed up then this method won’t come in handy for you.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the lightning cable.
- Open iTunes software and wait for the system to detect your connected device.
- An iPhone icon on the upper-left side of iTunes will appear.
- Now, click on the iPhone icon and click on the Restore button.
- Sign out from the Find My iPhone.
- Now, click on Restore.
- Then click on the Restore button again to confirm.
- It’ll completely erase your device data and restore iOS again.
- The handset will boot into the system.
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.