This tutorial will show you the steps to fix the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328. Out of all the first-person shooter games franchisee, Call of Duty is among the most well-known titles. It’s the latest offering, Modern Warfare, which was released last year and has garnered quite a lot of praise for its tactical gameplay and introduction of new modes such as Realism and Ground War. However, it had its fair share of issues as well.
As of now, the Dev error 6328 seems to be among the most common ones. Quite a lot of users across Reddit, as well as the Activision Support Forum, have voiced their concern over the said issue. As of the reason for this error, well, there could be quite a few. To begin with, it could just be an issue with your network, or a lot of temporary data of the Battle.net client might have been accrued over time. The Origin services running in the background might also spell trouble for some of the users.
Along the same lines, the absence of Nvidia Studio Drivers or an outdated graphics driver might also conflict with the game’s proper running. Likewise, if you haven’t enabled the Sync Every frame (V-Sync) or have set it to an incorrect refresh rate, then the aforementioned error might also pop up. With that said, in this guide, we will show you how to fix all these issues, which in turn will rectify the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328. Follow along.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328
- 1.1 1. Run as Administrator
- 1.2 2. Restart Computer and Router
- 1.3 3. Disable Origin Services
- 1.4 4. Install Nvidia Studio Driver to Fix Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328
- 1.5 5. Use Fullscreen Borderless using VSync
- 1.6 6. Change Warzone Game Settings
- 1.7 7. Clear Cache of Battle.net
- 1.8 8. Update GPU Drivers
- 1.9 9. Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- 1.10 10. Reinstall the game
How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below that you will need to follow to fix Dev Error 6328. We can expect that one of the methods will definitely fix your issue.
1. Run as Administrator
First of all, you should run the game as an administrator because the full game files can be accessed properly with the User Account Control (UAC).
- Right-click on the Battle.net client > Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on Change settings for all users.
- Check the box ‘Run this program as an administrator’ under the Privilege Level.
- Apply the changes and run the game now.
2. Restart Computer and Router
If you’re facing the Dev Error 6328 issue, then you can try out a temporary fix like restarting your computer and the Wi-Fi router. Make sure to turn off the router and wait for 30 seconds or more. If in case, there is any system glitch or internet connectivity-related issue appears, the reboot method will fix it properly. It’s also worth mentioning that rebooting the router can flush the DNS and clear temporary data, which should fix the error.
Once you restart both the Wi-Fi router/modem and your PC, rerun the COD Modern Warfare game and check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not solved, follow the next method.
3. Disable Origin Services
Sometimes, the EA Game Launcher (Origin) error can also cause game crashing. Most of the users have reported that they’re facing Dev Error 6328 issues while launching the game from Origin. There are two Origin background services that can be disabled and restarted on the computer to fix this particular issue.
In order to do this, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + R buttons > A Run dialog box will appear.
- Now, type MSConfig and hit Enter.
- In the System Configuration screen, click on the Services tab.
- Click on Hide all Microsoft services > Now, you will see only third-party services.
- Click on the Manufacturer column > Scroll down the list & uncheck Origin Client Services and Origin Web Helper Service.
- Then click on Apply to save changes.
- Next, restart your computer and launch the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game.
If the issue persists, then follow the next method.
4. Install Nvidia Studio Driver to Fix Modern Warfare Dev Error 6328
If you’re facing issues with your Nvidia graphics, then you should install the Nvidia Studio driver from the Geforce Experience App because the regular game-ready graphics driver may not work that well sometime.
- Open the GForce Experience page from the web browser on your PC and download the app.
- Double-click on the app as an administrator to open and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- In the GForce Experience interface, sign in with your account.
- Once signed in, click on the Drivers.
- Then click on the 3-dot menu icon (Action menu).
- Now, choose the driver’s preference for Studio Driver.
- Click on the Download button to start the downloading process.
- Wait for complete download and click on Express Installation. Follow the on-screen prompts to install properly.
Now, restart your computer and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
5. Use Fullscreen Borderless using VSync
Some of the players have already fixed Dev Error 6328 issue by running the game in Borderless mode using VSync in 60Hz. If you’re getting this error in multiplayer game mode, you can follow the steps below.
- Launch the COD Modern Warfare game and wait until you get to the menu screen.
- Now, in the interface, click on Settings and select the Graphics tab.
- Then expand the Display Mode drop-down menu and select Fullscreen Borderless.
- Enable Sync Every frame (V-Sync).
- Select the Advanced menu to set the Vsync frequency to 60Hz.
- Next, you will need to save the modifications.
- Then launch the multiplayer game mode to check if the Dev Error 6328 is still appearing or not.
Still, the issue isn’t solved? You can follow the next method.
6. Change Warzone Game Settings
You will need to tell Warzone game to run DirectX properly by adding a command line into the game settings. In order to do that:
- Launch Battle.net client > Right-click on Warzone game.
- Select the game > Click on “additional command-line arguments” checkbox to enable it.
- Now, type -D3D11 in the field and click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart the Battle.net launcher and run the COD Warzone game.
7. Clear Cache of Battle.net
Getting the Dev Error 6328 issue while launching the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game from the Blizzard’s launcher (Battle.net)? Maybe clearing the cache will fix the issue. let’s take a look.
- First of all, close the Blizzard’s launcher on your PC.
- Press the Windows key + R button to open a Run dialog box.
- Type %ProgramData% and press the Enter button to open the ProgramData folder.
- From the folder, go to the Blizzard Entertainment folder.
- Head over to the Battle.net folder and then go to the Cache folder.
- Select all files and Delete them.
- Once deleted, restart your computer normally.
8. Update GPU Drivers
- Click on Start > Type Device Manager.
- Click on it to open up from the search list.
- Expand the Display adapters drop-down by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Right-click on the dedicated GPU card > Select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- It will automatically look for available updates. If available, the system will automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, restart your computer and try running the game again.
9. Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
Try to download the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC and reinstall it properly. Only download the recommended one for better stability and performance. Once reinstalled, reboot your PC and check for the issue.
10. Reinstall the game
If none of the above methods work for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net client’s game.
- Launch Blizzard Battle.net client > Select the Modern Warfare game icon.
- Click on Options (Settings icon) > Select Uninstall Game.
- Once done, restart your computer and reinstall the game from the Battle.net client from the games tab.
- Make sure not to stop or pause the downloading as it can definitely break game files, and you may face multiple issues. Just download the full game in a single go.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found the troubleshooting guide useful. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.