Cities: Skylines is one of the single-player best-in-class city-building simulation video games. It’s developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. All the Windows, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, macOS, Linux, Macintosh players can run this game. However, all the games come with a couple of bugs or errors, or after updating to a patch, most of the games cause issues. If you’re also a Cities Skylines gamer and facing the Green screen or other graphical issues during gameplay, then check the troubleshooting steps below.
Here we’ve shared a couple of troubleshooting steps that can be really helpful if in case you’re experiencing the same problem on your Windows PC. Most of the video games have some graphical issues like being stuck at the loading screen, texture not loading, the game crashes, green screen issues, other graphical issues while playing, etc. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below.
Fix Cities Skylines Green screen or other graphical issues in-game
According to some of the users and the Paradox Interactive support team, disabling the Steam Overlay option will fix this issue on most of the PCs. As the Cities Skylines PC game runs on Steam client, you will need to turn off the Steam Overlay from the Settings. In order to do that:
- Launch Steam Client.
- Go to the Library.
- Right-click on the Cities Skylines game.
- Head over to the Properties > Uncheck “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” box.
- Once done, restart the Steam client and launch the game again to check for the issue.
If in case, the above method won’t work for you, then you should follow the verify integrity of game cache method as well.
- Launch Steam client.
- Form the Library option > Right-click on the Game > Select Properties.
- Select Local Files tab > Click on the Verify integrity of game cache button.
- Next, Steam will start verifying the game files whether anything is missing/corrupted or not.
- Once done, restart the Steam client and start the game.
How to fix Cities Skylines Error: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object
Fix: Cities Skylines Crashing or Not Loading on PS4 and PS5
Fix: Cities Skylines Crashing or Not Loading on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S
How to Play Cities Skylines on Linux
Fix: Cities Skylines Black Screen After Startup
We assume that you’ve fixed the green screen or any graphical issues on your game properly. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.