The all-new upcoming open-world action role-playing video game called Cyberpunk 2077 is expected to release in September 2020, that’s developed and published by CD Projekt. It’s all set to be released for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 platforms. While the game will also arrive for the Google Stadia platform by the end of this year. The cinematic trailer seems badass but some of the players should read this article if they’re facing any kind of issues or crashes or lags. Check out the steps to fix Cyberpunk 2077 Game Crashing at Launch, Lag, Shuttering, or FPS drop.
As of now, the game is available for pre-purchase via digital stores and retails markets. Those who want to purchase it digitally can proceed to Epic Games Store, Steam, or Gog.com. While retail buyers can get this game from Amazon, Best Buy, Game Stop site. You can also get it for Xbox One and PS4 but unfortunately, the Xbox One and PS4 units have been sold out already.
Now, most of the PC players may have issues with the particular game while launching or during the gameplay. In order to fix all of these issues, you will need to check whether the Windows OS and graphics driver version has been updated or not. If not, then upgrade it first and try checking the system requirements as well to understand whether your system configuration is compatible with the game or not.
- Why Does Cyberpunk 2077 Keep Crashing?
- Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Game Crashing at Launch, Lag, Shuttering, or FPS drop
- 1. Update Graphics Drivers
- 2. Disable Steam Overlay
- 3. Adjust Discord Settings to fix Cyberpunk 2077 Lag
- 4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- 6. Verify Game Files via Steam Client
- 7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
- 8. Remove Temporary Files
- 9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
Why Does Cyberpunk 2077 Keep Crashing?
There can be possible reasons behind the Cyberpunk 2077 that keeps crashing on your Windows 10 PC. Let’s take a look.
- Your PC configuration isn’t compatible with the game’s system requirements.
- Some of the game files are either missing or corrupted.
- Your PC is running on an outdated Windows OS or graphics driver.
- An outdated DirectX version.
- The game or the client version isn’t updated.
- Any of the overlay apps are running in the background.
- Windows Firewall or Antivirus program is blocking the game.
Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Game Crashing at Launch, Lag, Shuttering, or FPS drop
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below. Keep in mind that both the Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers are well optimized for the Cyberpunk 2077 game. So, if in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver yet, do this first.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here. But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game option.
- Click on the checkbox to disable “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings to fix Cyberpunk 2077 Lag
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Now, go to Overlay.
- You can also turn off the in-game overlay.
- Next, head over to Appearance.
- Go to Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the system.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings > Go to Global Settings.
- Additionally, you can also adjust some of the other options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Turn off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can also enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Wait for V-sync – Turn it off
- Use AMD optimization for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
6. Verify Game Files via Steam Client
The Cyberpunk 2077 gamers on Steam can follow the below steps:
- Open the Steam Library by logging into the account.
- You can find the Cyberpunk 2077 game on the list.
- Right-click on the game and click on Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process and then restart the game to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. So, this particular cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, go to Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select the mentioned cumulative update version.
- Right-click on it > Select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
8. Remove Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Some times some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As most of the users always want to use ultra-high performance from the CPU and GPU from the very first day. So, most of the users either buy an overclocked version or manually increased the overclocking speed. So, if you’ve also overclocked your GPU speed and after doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can also use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in order to lower the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the Cyberpunk 2077 game and check if the problem is fixed or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.