Behaviour Interactive Inc. did release Dead by Daylight back in 2016 as an online asymmetric multiplayer survival horror video game. It’s a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the killer and the other four players will play as survivors until being caught and killed. As the game is fully designed to test the ability of the players to survive as long as possible, the team game is more important. In that scenario, if your friends can’t be joined then it’ll become frustrating because Dead by Daylight Can’t Join or Add or Invite Friends in 2023.
So, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter this same issue with adding or joining friends in Dead by Daylight then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. The chances are high that you’re facing this problem due to server connectivity errors, an outdated game patch version, conflicts with the installed game files, an incorrect username of friends, a temporary glitch with your Steam account, Windows Firewall blocking issues, and more.
- Fix: Dead by Daylight Can’t Join, Add, or Invite Friends in 2023
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Run Dead by Daylight as administrator
- 3. Check for Dead by Daylight Updates
- 4. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- 5. Sign Out of Your Steam Account and Sign Back In
- 6. Re-Add Your Friends on Steam Manually
- 7. Check the Dead by Daylight Server Status
- 8. Ensure your Steam Profile is Public
- 9. Disable Windows Firewall
- 10. Contact Dead by Daylight Support
Fix: Dead by Daylight Can’t Join, Add, or Invite Friends in 2023
Fortunately, we’ve shared with you possible workarounds to easily fix the Dead by Daylight can’t add or invite friends via the Steam client. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
You should always reboot the PC to clear out temporary system glitches or cache data issues that can be conflicting with the system resources or game application to run properly. It’s always recommended to restart the computer before doing other troubleshooting.
2. Run Dead by Daylight as administrator
Another thing you should do is to run Dead by Daylight as an administrator on the PC to ensure there is no issue with the system admin permission. To do that:
- Right-click on the Dead by Daylight application file on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Now, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
3. Check for Dead by Daylight Updates
Sometimes an outdated game patch version can also cause several issues with the game running such as being unable to add friends in the multiplayer mode. If you haven’t updated the game for a while then make sure to check the following steps to manually update the game.
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on Dead by Daylight from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Dead by Daylight.
- Set the Auto Update option turned ON.
- It’ll automatically check for the update and install the same.
4. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
In some cases, missing or corrupted game files on the PC can trouble you a lot. Make sure to follow the steps below to verify the integrity of the game files to fix multiple issues.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Dead by Daylight from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games:
- Run the Epic Games Launcher on your PC/Laptop.
- Now, Go to the Dead by Daylight game from the Library.
- Click on the three dots icon > Click on Verify to start the repair process.
- Wait for the process to complete > Once done, click on the Launch button.
5. Sign Out of Your Steam Account and Sign Back In
Some reports did claim that signing out of the Steam account and then logging back into the account most probably fix the Dead by Daylight Can’t Join or Add or Invite Friends issue.
6. Re-Add Your Friends on Steam Manually
Re-adding your friends on Steam can manually help you in fixing the Dead by Daylight Can’t Join or Add or Invite Friends issue in some cases. It’s better to cross-check the username or user-id of the friends and then add them again. To do so:
- Launch the Dead by Daylight game.
- Select Match Mode as Play As Survivor.
- Now, open the game lobby, and click on Invite a Friend.
- Click on the Add Friend icon > Start inviting your friends on Steam by using their username/nickname.
- After inviting all friends, make sure everyone will have to click on the READY button.
7. Check the Dead by Daylight Server Status
You should try checking the Dead By Daylight Server Status by visiting the third-party Down Detector website. This website literally offers all the server-related details like server connectivity issues, login issues, last 24 hours reports, user reports, and more.
8. Ensure your Steam Profile is Public
We should highly recommend you configure the Steam Profile to the Public status so that other players and even your friends can connect with you easily. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Click on your Username in the top-right corner.
- Select View My Profile > Click on Edit Profile.
- Go to the Privacy Settings tab > Set the My Profile, Game Details, Friends List, and Inventory options to Public one by one.
9. Disable Windows Firewall
You should disable the Windows Firewall protection on the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the security program blocking the game application. It basically prevents unauthorized ongoing connections on the Windows system.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type firewall and hit Enter to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Now, click on Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for all the Domain, Private, and Public Networks.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
10. Contact Dead by Daylight Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact Dead by Daylight Support for further assistance on it. You can create a support ticket for the same so that developers can investigate the issue deeply.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.