Screen flickering is a very daunting situation for smartphone lovers. It is even worst then a very bad nightmare experience. There are certain reasons for this problem to declare its presence and you might have no idea but the fact is it can be due to a software, hardware or an AP related issue. When it comes to Huawei P10 or P10 plus, a few users have reported about this issue. To know how to fix Huawei P10 or P10 with screen flickering issue, just continue reading this post
The various methods have been discussed in this post to simply help you avoid this problem in the simplest possible manner. Before you go with them, make sure your device is not facing any other problem at the same time. This is important to pay attention to in order to avoid the problem for being transformed to a next level which can be very daunting for you.
Forced Reboot to fix Huawei P10 or P10 with screen flickering issue
First of all, you should pay attention to knowing the exact reason for screen flickering issue on your device. If it is due to an apparent reason, there are chances of a physical damage. To avoid the problem in such a case, you need to pay attention to the following factors.
First of all simply reboot you’re Huawei P10/ P10 plus to understand the issue. Someone the problems are not as serious as they reflect them and can be gone with a simple reboot. To make the reboot effective, it’s better to perform a forced reboot. This actually drains the current stores in the components that can be the reason why they are not working. Probably you will get the favorable fortune in this matter. To perform it simply, pay attention to the following.
- Press power key and Volume down button together.
- You may need to hold them for approximately 10 seconds or for the time until the phone reboot itself
See if problem is there in the screen mode also
As already mentioned, the apps installed in your Huawei P10/P10 Plus can also be the reason for this problem. The third-party apps are the major trouble creators in most of the cases. If you simply choose to reboot your device in the safe mode, the third-party apps will get disabled and there are chances too that the screen flickering problem on Huawei P10/P10 plus would be gone. Below are the instructions to boot your device in the safe mode.
- First of all, simply turn off your Huawei P10 / P10 Plus.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Once the Huawei screen appears, release the Power key and immediately press and hold the Volume Down button.
- If successful, you can see ‘Safe mode’ in the lower-left corner of the screen.
If the device works perfectly now, probably the problems was due to an app installed on your device. To know which app is actually causing the same, start reinstalling them from the recently installed ones.
Hard Reset to fix Huawei P10 or P10 with screen flickering issue
Hard reset is another option you can consider to keep up the pace simply in this matter. As it will delete the data from your device, it is suggested to you to take the backup of everything before you proceed with it. Below are the instructions for the same.
- Open device Settings.
- Touch advanced settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
- Touch Factory data reset and choose whether to format your internal storage. Selecting Erase internal storage will delete all files on your internal storage.
- Touch Reset phone to restore your device to its factory settings.
Delete System Caches to fix Huawei P10 or P10 with screen flickering issue
In case the screen flickering problem in your Huawei P10/P10 Plus appears after a firmware update, there are strong chances that the caches might have corrupted. To delete the cache simply and without worrying about anything, here are the steps to help you.
- First of all, turn off your Huawei P10 or P10 Plus.
- Next is to press and hold the Volume Up and the Power keys together.
- Keep holding both keys until the screen turns black.
- When the EMUI appeared on the screen, it means you’ve reached your phone’s recovery system.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight “Wipe cache partition” and press the Power key to select it.
- Confirm your action and wait for the phone to finish wiping off contents of the cache partition.
In case the problem is still there, probably you need to visit an authorized repair center for Huawei smartphones around you. There are chances that you may get the replacement of your device depending on the nature and exact cause of the problem.