iPhone is well known for its high-security protection. Unlike other mobile operating systems like Android or windows, it is almost impossible to bypass into the device. The iPhone system is well designed to stay against any brute force attacks done against it. The high security offered by the iPhone is the main reason why a lot choose iPhone above its high cost. The high-security feature can also make the users suffer some problem as it doesn’t allow even too many wrong passcodes. So if you got the newly launched iPhone and got stuck with the problem, here is how to fix iPhone is disabled issue on iPhone 8.
iPhone 8 is designed to lock itself after a particular number of wrong passcode try. Sometimes when the iPhone disabled message occurs it will automatically turn back after a particular time. It is based on the number of times passcode goes wrong simultaneously. And if it crosses a particular time you will be stuck and will have to use other ways to get your device back to normal form. Please find below steps to do when it is locked out.
Way to fix iPhone is disabled issue on iPhone 8
If you encounter an error message on your iPhone 8 it is for sure failed passcode tries. Either you forgot it or you let your kids play with your iPhone. Anyway at some cases it can be easy as waiting for it let you try logging in again, or at times you will need a PC. The three things you can try to fix iPhone disabled issue on iPhone 8 are:
- Unlock using iTunes
- Unlock using iCloud
The solution will be based on the number of wrong passcode tries done on your iPhone 8. Some cases the device will let you try again after a particular time, but sometimes it will not. The different ways your iPhone getting locked are:
- 6 incorrect guess; wait for 1 minute
- 7 incorrect guess; wait for 5 minutes
- 8 incorrect guess; wait for 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect guess; wait for 60 minutes
- 10 incorrect guess; unlock using iTunes
Up to 9 incorrect guesses, the solution is easy as waiting for it let you try again. When it crosses 9th incorrect guess you will have to use the help of iTunes installed in your pc.
Unlock using iTunes
When you have made 10 wrong passcode try, you will need the help of a PC with iTunes installed. You will have to connect your iPhone 8 to a PC with iTunes and have to hard reset the device in recovery mode. The steps to hard reset your iPhone 8 are:
- Launch iTunes on your PC
- Press and hold home button and power button until iPhone 8 switches off
- Now leave only the power button and keep holding home button
- Now plug in the device to PC
- Now the PC will detect your device in recovery mode
- Select ‘reset’ option and confirm
Unlock using iCloud
Sometimes even the iTunes way won’t work. In this case, the only solution left is to wipe off the data from the phone. This can be done the same way you do when your iPhone is lost. You will have to use iCloud for it. The steps to wipe data from iPhone 8 using iCloud are:
- Go to iCloud.com from your PC
- Click on ‘find iPhone’ option
- Enter the apple account credentials
- This will now show location of your Apple devices
- Select your iPhone 8 which you want to erase
- Click on ‘erase iPhone’ option
I hope this guide was useful in understanding how to fix iPhone is disabled issue on iPhone 8. If any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.