When it comes to subscription-based satellite TV or IPTV services, Sky Q (Sky Q set-top box) is a popular and affordable subscription-based TV and entertainment service operated by British satellite television provider Sky. The service mostly operates in Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the UK, etc regions. But plenty of subscribers are finding it difficult to download content. Here you can check this guide to fix Sky Q Not Downloading Movies or Next Episodes.
It’s worth mentioning that Sky Box isn’t downloading movies or other on-demand episodes that you want to watch which is a concern for the subscribers. It becomes one of the frustrating things among the users because either Sky won’t allow the users to access downloads or it doesn’t allow users to play the downloaded or recorded content. Well, there are a couple of possible reasons behind such an issue and you can try fixing it quite easily in this guide.
Why is Sky Q not downloading content?
There might be a couple of reasons that can prevent or conflict with the Sky Box to download content as well as play the content whatsoever. Mostly the download queue could be the main reason behind such an issue that should be cleared completely to fix it. Whereas sometimes issues with the system glitch on the Sky Q box can also be a reason for the downloading content problems. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
Fix: Sky Q Not Downloading Movies or the Next Episodes
If you’re unable to download on-demand content from Sky Q (Sky Q set-top box) or it keeps getting stuck in the download queue or even stuck at any percentage while downloading, then make sure to check if the ‘No Subscription’ error is appearing or not. If you’re receiving the “We are experiencing some issues at the moment. Please try again later.” error message then don’t worry about it. Here we’ve shared some of the workarounds for you that can help.
1. Restart your Sky Q Box
First of all, you should try rebooting the Sky Q set-top box manually by following the steps below. Sometimes issues with the temporary system glitch can cause several conflicts whatsoever.
- Press standby on your Sky Q remote > Switch off or unplug your set-top box from the power outlet.
- Now, ensure there is no light showing on the front panel of your Sky Q box.
- Make sure that all cables are securely disconnected.
- Plug in and switch on your Sky Q box from the power outlet.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press Home on your Sky Q remote.
- You’ll need to wait for a couple of minutes to get all features working.
If in case, restarting your Sky Q box doesn’t fix the problem then make sure to check your Sky Q software version by following the method below.
2. Check the Software Version on the Sky Q Box
You should try checking out the software version on the Sky Q box to ensure it’s running the latest version. An outdated software version can trouble you a lot. To do so:
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote > Select Settings.
- Go to System info > Make a note of the Hardware Version and Software Version.
- Next, go to the guide to check which Sky box model you’re using and check the Software Version.
If they match exactly that means your set-top box is already using the latest & correct software version. If they don’t match then you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Press Home on the Sky Q remote > Select Settings.
- Go to System info > Select Software version.
- Go to Setup > Select Software Download to begin downloading the latest software.
- You’ll see the Software update in progress message. Do not switch off the Sky Q box during the download process.
- Now, you should see the Software download successful. Your box will complete the installation next time it goes into standby, press standby on the Sky Q remote to turn the box off. message.
- It should reboot automatically and then wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear.
- Press Home on the Sky Q remote > Check Settings to make sure the Software Version has successfully updated.
- If it hasn’t then you’ll need to repeat the software download process again.
3. Check the Internet Connection
You’ll have to check for the internet connection at your end whether it’s working fine or not. Sometimes issues with the active broadband connection (wired/wireless) can trouble you a lot regarding the download of content. To check whether your box is connected or not, you can follow the steps below:
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote > Scroll to Settings and select it.
- Select Status > Choose Network connection > Select Network setup.
- Check both the connection to the broadband router and the connection to the internet are ticked (enabled).
If there’s a cross (error) symbol next to any of these options, then there might be a problem with your internet connection or with your Sky Q connectivity. Well, in that case, you can follow the Sky Q connectivity troubleshooting guide for further help.
4. Try Pausing and Resuming the Download
It’s also recommended to pause and resume the content download process on the Sky Q box manually by following the steps below to try to fix any kind of potential glitch. If your broadband connection is working fine and your download process is stuck at any percentage, head over to the steps below.
- Press Home on your Sky Q remote > Select Recordings.
- Select Manage > Choose Downloading.
- Select Pause queue.
- You can select Resume queue to resume downloading again.
Note: Select Pause queue will stop all active downloads. You can’t pause individual downloads.
5. Reset the Sky Q Box Settings
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to perform a factory reset of the Sky Q box settings manually by following the steps below. It should clear potential system glitches and wipe out all custom settings and more.
Please Note: Resetting the settings will also delete audio-visual settings, preferences, settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, accessibility settings, installed apps, etc.
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
- Highlight Settings > Press 0,0,1.
- Then you’ll need to Select it.
- Now, select Reset > Choose Reset settings.
- Select Confirm > Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear.
- Next, press the Standby button on the front of your Sky Q box.
- Resetting the settings will clear any remote pairings you have set up. You’ll need to re-pair your remote to your Sky Q box by following the online help guide here.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.