Moto X4 is the latest 4th Generation X Series smartphone by Motorola Company. This is an affordable rock solid dual camera and Water resistant smartphone. If you have bought this device and facing issue related to Moto X4 WiFi fix. Then you probably wondering how to fix WiFi issue on Moto X4.
Talking about Specification, Moto X4 features a 5.2-inch display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by 2.2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor clubbed with 3GB RAM and 32 GB On-board storage. It can be expanded via microSD card for extra storage with up to 256GB. The handset runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The camera on the Moto X4 sports a Dual 12 MP Camera at the rear and 16 MP front camera for selfies.
Despite these exciting features, few problems relating to Wi-Fi connectivity have been encountered in several cases leading to a big issue to the users of the device. Users complained of disruptions in mid in the Wi-Fi connectivity on their Moto X4 device.
Sometimes this problem can be fixed by the 7th step, So make sure to check for a new update.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Toggle Wi-Fi
To Fix WiFi Issue on Moto X4, following points can be helpful for you:
1. Toggle Wi-Fi
Moto X4 users can toggle their Wi-Fi option.
Wi-Fi Direct allows to transfer the data between capable devices without the need of a Wireless Access Point (Hotspot) and is automatically enabled when Wi-Fi is turned on. To activate, follow this method on your Moto X4:
- Go to Settings icon > Wi-Fi
- Ensure the Wi-Fi switch (located in the upper-right) is Switched on
- Tap the Menu icon Menu (located on the upper-right)
- Tap Advanced
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct to scan or view peer devices.
When you are not able to connect Wi-Fi on Moto X4, it may mean that the strength of signals is not enough and you might have to check your signal indication on the device.
The user can try the following in this case:-
- Connecting to a different Wi-Fi network within range.
- Some networks are configured only to static IP addresses, the user should check with system admin for IP address assignments.
- If the error still persists apply Trouble-shooter or visit your nearby authorized dealer.
3. No Internet Connection
When there is absolutely no internet connectivity users should try the following:-
- Switch to a different URL or web address
- Reconnecting to the Wi-Fi Network
- Check if other Wi-Fi devices are working on the network and try reconnecting the Wi-Fi router and your Moto X4 device to the router.
4. Restart device
Sometimes the Wi-Fi issue just goes off with a restart of the device, it’s a viable option. Use the power button to switch off your device and again.
5. Reset Network setting
- This involves selection of your Wi-Fi network from the list and then clicking on forget to reset the network setting. However, if the user is connecting for the first time then skip this step.
- After this restart your Moto X4 device wait for few seconds and then reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
6. Ensure internet access
The User in all cases should first ensure the internet access to the router that is being used as if there can also be internet connectivity issues with your Wi-Fi routers. Users can easily check this by testing other Wi-Fi devices to the network.
7. Recommended Updation
In most cases, it has been found that Wi-Fi issues have been resolved the updating the device software to the latest version.
If your device is still not updated and you are facing Wi-Fi connectivity issues on your device, try updating your software to the latest version and recheck the Wi-Fi connectivity.
To update to latest version, Find Moto X4 Stock Firmware collection
8. Reset modem
- Even after trying the above-mentioned steps you are still facing the problem reset your modem to factory settings by pressing the reset button on the back of the modem.
- If the issue still persists ensure the problem is with your device by checking it into other Wi-Fi networks.
Now you know how to fix WiFi issue on Moto X4, one normally would find on this smartphone.
It is expected the bits of advice mentioned here in this article will be able to solve off all your Wi-Fi connectivity issues of your Moto X4 device. Now you can be fearless with your Moto X4 connectivity issues.
I hope this guide will be helpful to resolve wifi issue on Moto X4. Any further queries or questions or suggestions would be welcomed in the comment section below.