Several computer users would have come across screen freezing issues a lot of time. However, what if the Restart screen freezes or stuck? It would surely delay all your work and create a lot of trouble as well. At times the PC Stuck on the Restart screen gets normal after a while, but there are situations when the screen remains freeze for a long time.
How to Fix the “Windows 10 PC Stuck on Restart Screen” issue?
The said situation can be a result of various reasons. And to mark out all the possibilities, we have compiled a list of the top 4 fixes that will help you resolve the Windows 10 PC Stuck on the Restart Screen. Have a look and try them upon.
FIX 1: Force power off your Windows 10 system:
There could be several reasons due to which your PC might get stuck on the Restart screen. However, despite the reason, in most cases, a force power off helps eliminate the stuck Screen and initiate a fresh start once again.
All you need to do is press and hold the power button for at least 4 to 6 seconds or until you hear a click sound. It will power off your Computer. Now begin with the Power-on process.
FIX 2: Initiate Windows 10 troubleshooter:
Windows 10 comes with its built-in troubleshooters, and it offers one of the quickest helps with most of the errors and issues. For the PC stuck on Restart Screen issue, users can initiate the build-in troubleshooters and resolve the problem permanently.
NOTE: For using this step, consider following the first fix and once you are successful in reaching the desktop screen again without getting stuck, apply the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type Control Panel, and open the relevant search result.
- Now on the Control Panel window, click on View by and then select Large icons.
- Further, locate and choose troubleshooting.
- On the troubleshooting window, go to the left pane and click on View all.
- Further, scroll down the list and click on System maintenance and then select the option Apply repairs automatically. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- Lastly, Restart your Computer. The said issue would have got permanently resolved by now.
FIX 3: End unresponsive processes:
Several unresponsive processes running in the background can also result in the PC stuck on the Restart issue. For ending all the unresponsive processes, follow the steps given below:
- On the Windows 10 loading screen, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and open the Task Manager.
- On the Task Manager Window, select End task for all those processes that are not essential for the start-up operation.
- Now close the Task Manager.
Further, at times, when Windows is trying to apply any latest update, something might stop working correctly during the restart operation. If the issue is here because the update cannot be applied, then follow the steps given below:
- Launch the RUN prompt by pressing Windows + R altogether.
- In the empty text box, type “cmd” and then click on OK. It will launch the Command Prompt window. Make sure you launch it with Administrator access.
- In the Command Prompt window, type net stop wuauserv and then press Enter.
- Further type or Copy + Paste the Command one after other and keep pressing Enter after each of them:
ren SoftwareDistribution SD.old
net start wuauserv
- After this, the update process will get restarted.
FIX 4: Restart without connecting peripherals:
The last resort to the PC Stuck on Restart issue is restarting without connecting peripherals. For doing so,
- Firstly, unplug all the externally connected devices and then restart your computer.
Check if this helps. If yes, then reconnect all the devices.
- Further, press Windows + X and click on the option Device Manager from the context menu.
- Now expand the required category to see the name of the devices and then right-click the one you would wish to update.
- Now from the sub-menu, click on the option Update Driver. Similarly, you can also uninstall the driver and then later install it freshly.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Also, several other drivers for these hardware components, if corrupted or outdated, might freeze the Restart screen. Thus, here it is advisable to update all the required device drivers. For doing so, we recommend you use any third-party driver updating tool. Performing the task manually can be time taking and tricky. Thus, use any trusted driver updating tool for the same.
These were all the tried and tested fixes that will help you resolve the Windows 10 PC Stuck on Restart screen issue. Try them in the same order as above and check whichever supports in your case.
We hope the information mentioned above will help you resolve the said issue in no time. Once the stuck screen starts to function normally again, you can use your system for all the required tasks. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.