YouTube becomes one of the most popular and free platforms for media or entertainment consumption. Whether you’re a creator or a viewer, YouTube welcomes everyone with a very intuitive interface for a better user experience. While the official YouTube app for both the Android and iOS platforms works really well. But facing issues with the YouTube app? Now, you can easily fix if the YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11. Let’s check out the possible workarounds below.
Either your device software version is causing some error to the YouTube app or the app update is pending. Additionally, there can be a system glitch or network related issues on your iPhone 11 which is troubling you. So, let’s jump into the steps.
- How to fix if YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
- 1. Force Close and Re-Open the YouTube App
- 2. Refresh the Internet Connection to fix YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
- 3. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
- 4. Disable Screen Time for YouTube (If Enabled)
- 5. Update the YouTube App to fix YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
- 6. Check Software Updates (iOS)
How to fix if YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
There may be a rare chance that the YouTube app doesn’t work due to any technical faults or server downtime. But that’s a genuine rare case and will be an issue for all. But if the issue occurs only with you then you should try to follow all the possible tricks or tips on your iPhone to get it solved quickly.
1. Force Close and Re-Open the YouTube App
- Swipe up from the center bottom a bit and hold to open the recent panel.
- Now, swipe up the YouTube tab to close it forcefully.
- Then reboot your device for once by long-pressing both the Volume Up + Power/Side buttons together > Slide to power off bar will appear > slide or drag the slider to turn off your handset.
- Finally, long-press the Power/Side button for a couple of seconds and the Apple logo will appear again (release the button).
- Your device will turn on. Now, check the YouTube app again whether it’s working or not.
2. Refresh the Internet Connection to fix YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
Either you’re using a Wi-Fi network or the mobile data, the internet connectivity should be refreshed for once if there is an issue with any internet-based service or app.
- Head over to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi or the Mobile Data > turn off the toggle.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and turn on the mobile data or Wi-Fi again.
If the above method doesn’t work for you, make sure to try Airplane mode by using the steps below.
3. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
Airplane mode disables all the cellular and wireless connectivity on the device which is considered to be refreshing the connection to work properly.
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone 11 > Tap on Airplane Mode toggle to turn it on.
- The Airplane icon will appear on the status bar and all the connections will be disabled.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn off the Airplane toggle.
- Now, enable Wi-Fi or mobile data again and check the YouTube app.
4. Disable Screen Time for YouTube (If Enabled)
- Go to the iPhone Settings > tap on Screen Time > Select Content & Privacy Restrictions to turn off the feature.
5. Update the YouTube App to fix YouTube app can’t play videos on iPhone 11
- Head over to the App Store > Tap on the Profile icon > Select Available Updates > Tap on Update the YouTube app to the latest version, if available.
Alternatively, you can delete the YouTube app on your device and then re-install it to get the latest version. In this way, the cache will be cleared as well. To do this, check the steps below.
- Tap and hold the YouTube app on the home screen > you will get the Delete option.
- Then tap on Delete and confirm.
- Now, go to the App Store > tap on the Search bar from the bottom-right corner.
- Type YouTube in the search bar and search for it.
- Tap on the GET button beside the YouTube app and it will start downloading the app.
- If prompted, you may need to authenticate by using the Face ID or password (If logged in already).
- Otherwise, sign in to the App Store.
6. Check Software Updates (iOS)
- Go to the iPhone Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone 11.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
We hope that this guide helped you to fix the YouTube app completely. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.