Some users of the latest version of Windows (Windows 10 and even 8.1 precisely) are reporting cases of getting a “Windows cannot find fsquirt.Exe error”. FSquirt stands for File F. Fsquirt.exe is the file that runs the GUI of the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard.
They are a variety of problems that can result in this unexpected error when trying to transfer. These can be anything from incompatible drivers being installed to virus infection has your computer started giving you these problems suddenly? Did you try to transfer with Bluetooth and you were presented with the error? Then don’t panic! This are the best possible solutions you can try yourself to resolve the ‘fsquirt.exe error’ when you open Bluetooth transfer wizard!
- Running the Bluetooth Trouble Shooter
- Re-installing the Bluetooth Drivers
- Installing All Windows Update
- Clean boot / Safe boot mode
Running the Bluetooth Trouble Shooter
The first thing to do! You can allow the computer to try to check and auto fix the problem on its own. If it’s a minor issue, the computer will solve the problem for you and get your Bluetooth working back to normal. Some users who encountered the fsquirt.exe error have testified that a simple troubleshoot scan fixed it.
(This fix is for Windows 10)
Here is a step by step guild on how to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter.
1. Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R.
2. Type in ‘ms-settings:troubleshoot’ inside the text box and presenter. This will open the Troubleshooting tab of the Settings app.
3. scroll all the way down to the Find and fix other problems
4. click on Bluetooth,
5. Then click on Run the troubleshooter.
This will scan the Bluetooth sector and identify them to you. If any persisting issue are discovered.
6. Click on apply this fix and wait for the process to finish.
Once the fix has been successfully applied, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed once the next startup is complete.
If you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter with no success or you’re not encountering the issue on Windows 10, move down to the next
potential fix below.
Re-installing the Bluetooth Drivers
Yes! The drivers sector can also be responsible for this. An incompatible or corrupted Bluetooth driver can cause the fsquirt error to come up on your computer.The recommended solution is to reinstall the whole Bluetooth package on your computer. If it is your drivers causing the problem;
steps to re-install Bluetooth drivers
1. Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box.
2. Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter to open up a Run dialog box.
3. Once the Device Manager window opens, expand the drop-down menu associated with Bluetooth ( it has the Bluetooth icon).
4. Right-click > Uninstall every driver inside. (right-click on the specified drivers and click on uninstall)
Once you are done, simply restart your computer. This will force the computer to install all necessary drivers are that are uninstalled by you. Head over to the Bluetooth transfer wizard and see if the problem is fixed!
If you’re still unable to use the Bluetooth File Transfer utility, move down to the next potential fix below.
Installing All Windows Update
Keep in mind that the Bluetooth driver update might be included in a cumulative update, so you will not know exactly which driver will
end up updating the Bluetooth component. Thant’s why it’s important to install every pending update. If you have a lot of pending updates, you will likely be prompted to restart before you will have the change to install them all.
In this case, do so, but make sure to return to the same Windows Update screen and continue with the installation of the next of the updates. Once every pending Windows Update is installed, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed. If you’re still unable to use the Bluetooth File Transfer utility, move down to the next potential fix below.
Updating the Bluetooth Drivers to the Most Recent There have been reports that a simple update of the current Bluetooth drivers solved the fquirt.exe error problem. If reinstalling the drivers doesn’t fix the problem and the error persists, then try updating the drivers to the most recent ones.
Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers;
1. Click the Start button, and simply type device manager. This will bring it up on the search results.
2. In Device Manager, locate the Bluetooth driver you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.
Clean boot / Safe boot mode
When you clean boot your computer, you start it with ONLY the core and most important Windows drivers and software are that the computer requires to boot. This is a great way to identify if the problem causing the fsquirt.exe issue is being caused by system software or a third party application.
Steps on how to boot to clean mode;
1. Right-click the start button and click on the search.
2. Type MSConfig and hit enter on your keyboard.
3. Click services.
4. Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.
5. Click disable all.
6. Click startup.
7. Click open task manager.
8. Click any third party software you suspect can be the cause. If you don’t have an idea, then click on all of them.
9. Click on disable.
Close the task manager and Click ok in the system configuration. Now Restart your PC.
Try the Bluetooth transfer now, if everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem
NOTE: After you figure out the problem causing the error program, you may have to update or install a higher version of the program and also remember to put the computer back to normal startup. Performing a Repair Install If none of the methods below have allowed you to fix the ‘Windows cannot find fsquirt‘ error and the Bluetooth component used to work, it’s very likely that you’re dealing with some type of underlying system corruption issue that cannot be resolved conventionally.
A repair install might be the best solution to fix the fsquirt.exe. this way, you can fix or replace all Windows system configurations, features, and drivers for devices on your computer. This operation will require you to use a compatible installation media, but the main advantage is that only your OS files will be replaced, meaning that your games, app library, personal media, and even some user preferences will remain intact.
Begin the repair installation process by inserting the Windows 10 DVD and running it. (If you use an ISO, double click the ISO image to mount it as a virtual DVD instead. You will be prompted a lot for options, read, and follow them up the process. On the “get important updates” dialog, select “download and install updates” on this page. On the “choose what to keep” page, you must select the first option. Select the option “keep personal files, apps, and windows setting”
Your PC will reboot several times as the system image is refreshed. Your document and your data will remain intact when it finishes.