Samsung started receiving the October 2017 Security Patch upgrade for Galaxy J2 Prime. The latest October Security Patch comes with the build number G532MUMU1AQJ1. Along with Security Patch update, this update also fixed some of the regular bugs and improved the overall stability and performance.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the Air) and it will take a couple of days or weeks to reach your phone. To receive the OTA update on your phone, one must be running the official stock ROM on Galaxy J2 Prime without root. In case if you see the update of October Security Patch with build number G532MUMU1AQJ1, then you can download it and install the OTA.
In this update, Samsung has fixed the most of the security vulnerabilities and bugs found in the earlier version. You need not worry about anything about vulnerabilities that often degrade or limit Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime performance. If you are too conscious about the security of your device and don’t want to compromise it, obviously, it’s a good news for you and you must install October security update for Galaxy J2 Prime with build number G532MUMU1AQJ1.
As already mentioned, the October Security Patch for Galaxy J2 Prime has started rolling out via OTA update, you will get this latest update if you haven’t rooted your device. If you have received the update and need to download it, check out the below information.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade October Security patch on Galaxy J2 Prime. As this update is based on Marshmallow, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check for the update manually or can follow our guide on getting October Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M. Check out the below steps for October Security patch based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This update is an incremental update with latest October Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with October Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash G532MUMU1AQJ1 October Security Marshmallow For Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow G532MUMU1AQJ1 For Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime to October Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J2 Prime.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J2 Prime
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J2 Prime
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy J2 Prime
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy J2 Prime
- Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy J2 Prime
- How to install Android Oreo Update for Galaxy J2 Prime
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 for Galaxy J2 Prime.
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G532MUMU1AQJ1 on Galaxy J2 Prime.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop
- Remember: This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M (G532MUMU1AQJ1).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your tablet.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install October Security Patch Marshmallow on Galaxy J2 Prime manually. If any queries or feedbacks, please write comment to us.