Today Samsung has released their first May Security Patch Update to its Galaxy J7 Prime. Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is the first Samsung device to receive May Google Security Patch update. As we speak, the update has started to roll out for users in China. The latest OTA comes with build number G610YZTU1AQD7 for Galaxy J7 Prime. If you are running the Stock Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your smartphone. The update has been rolled out via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy J7 Prime in Phase wise manner.
This update is an incremental update which comes with Google Latest Security patch for the month May, also fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. The update is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime SM- G610Y by following the below step by step guide to flash latest May Security Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7 Prime
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest May Security patch for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with May Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Table of Contents
Flash G610YZTU1AQD7 May Security Marshmallow For Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y
If you have not received the update notification on Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow G610YZTU1AQD7 For Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime to May Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J7 Prime
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy J7 Prime
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy J7 Prime
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy J7 Prime
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy J7 Prime
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest May Security Patch update G610YZTU1AQD7 on Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y.
Click here to Upgrade via Samsung Kies to May Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install May Secuity Patch update on Galaxy J7 Prime G610Y (G610YZTU1AQD7).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.