Samsung started seeding the latest update Samsung Galaxy J7 Max model no SM-G615F. The update brings the Android Security Patch level to January 2018. You can now wait for the OTA update to hit your phone anytime soon. This update will add the software version to G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 and based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Talking about the device specs, Samsung Galaxy J7 Max features a 5.7-inches PLS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Helio P20 MediaTek MT6757 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max comes with the 13MP rear camera and 13MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J7 Max came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. The battery backup on the phone has 3300 mAh.
The update is sent via OTA in a phase-wise manner. To receive this update via OTA, your phone must be running Stock Firmware with latest OS. If it is rooted then you have to update to build number G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 manually on your phone. Here is the simple instructions to check for the OTA update:
How to Update Software on Galaxy J7 Max manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Galaxy J7 Max SM-G615F. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Max. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7 Max by following the steps given here.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Max manually:
Still not received the update, then don’t worry. The update is available to download and install using latest ODIN Software. Here we will share the full download link and guide to install G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Max.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J7 Max.
G615FXXU2ARA4 ODIN Firmware
G615FXXU2ARA4 ODIN Firmware
How to update via ODIN Software
Here we have shared the full firmware download link with ODIN drivers and software to install G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Max. To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC.
REQUIRED ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Check Related Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install G615FXXU2ARA4 / G615FXXU2ARB3 January 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Max manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.