Samsung has started seeding the latest Security Update for Galaxy S5 Active today. The firmware comes with build number G870FXXU1BQE1 which upgrades the Android Lollipop to latest May Security Patch update. The update has started rolling out for the users with Galaxy S5 Active. If you are running the Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy S5 Active in Phase wise manner.
The latest build G870FXXU1BQE1 comes with May Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. The update is still based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for Galaxy S5 Active SM- G870F by following the below step by step guide to flash latest May Security Lollipop ROM on Galaxy S5 Active G870F.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S5 Active
As of now, this update is an incremental update which comes with latest Google Security patch for the month of May. Now you can install May Security Patch update on Galaxy S5 Active. We always recommend to install the latest Security Patch update to keep your device safe from malwares and trojans. This latest May Security update has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Flash G870FXXU1BQE1 May Security Lollipop For Galaxy S5 Active G870F
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Lollipop G870FXXU1BQE1 For Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Galaxy S5 Active to May Security Patch based Lollipop manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Galaxy S5 Active G870F to Lollipop OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S5 Active G870F.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S5 Active
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S5 Active
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S5 Active
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S5 Active
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S5 Active
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest May Security Patch update G870FXXU1BQE1 on Galaxy S5 Active G870F.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To May Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install May Secuity Patch update on Galaxy S5 Active G870F (G870FXXU1BQE1).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.