Samsung is rolling out the April 2019 security patch update for both the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Unlocked variant with Model: SM-G950FD /SM-G955FD). The said update is rolling out with the build number G950FXXS4DSD3 (S8) / G955FXXS4DSD3 (S8 Plus). It’s basically a maintenance update which is fixing up a lot of security issues which you can find here. The update is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie. Soon in the coming days, other regions will also start receiving the new security update.
You can wait for the automatic update to roll in on its own over-the-air. Alternatively, we have put up the G950FXXS4DSD3 / G955FXXS4DSD3 firmware in the download section as well. That means you can download it and install the firmware manually. For installation, you can use the Odin flash tool. Check out the entire tutorial below.
How to Download the OTA..?
OTA should roll in automatically to your S10e but sometimes these airborne updates like to play against expectations. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not receive it. So, as a last resort, you have to search for the software on your own.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the G950FXXS4DSD3 / G955FXXS4DSD3 April 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The software for April 2019 may weigh a lot. So, the best way to download the update is by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to charge up your device up to 50% or more before installing the new April OTA update.
Here is a brief data about the firmware which packs the April 2019 security patch for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Model: SM-G950FD /SM-G955FD
- Baseband Version: G950FXXS4DSD3 / G955FXXS4DSD3
- Security Patch Level: 2019-04-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install April 2019 Software on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus ..?
We have to follow the usual way of using Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Download G950FXXS4DSD3 / G955FXXS4DSD3 Stock Firmware for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
Here is the download link for the new March 2019 security based stock firmware for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the stock firmware installation guide.
So, that’s it, guys. Make sure you watch out for the knock into your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Otherwise, follow this guide and manually flash the firmware to upgrade your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. We hope this tutorial was useful for you.