Samsung is currently pushing the November 2019 security update with build number G950FXXS6DSK7 for the Exynos powered Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) variant. This update is available in Mexico region and will soon roll out in the other countries. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The update is rolling over-the-air and it should reach the users soon. However, if you instantly want to upgrade your Galaxy S8 to the November security patch, then we have got the G950FXXS6DSK7 firmware zip file for you. All you need to do is install the update using ODIN flash tool. You can make use of our tutorial for this purpose.
Download OTA Update
In case you are yet to see an automatic update prompting you to download and install the latest software build G950FXXS6DSK7 on your Galaxy S8, then, you can start searching for it manually.
To do it, go to device Settings > About Device. Under that hit on the System Update > now tap on Check for Updates.
If the latest update is available, then download it using a Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Also, make sure your Galaxy S8 is not low on battery otherwise the update process will be stalled.
How to Install G950FXXS6DSK7 November Patch on Galaxy S8
In case manual searching for OTA also fails, you can simply download the G950FXXS6DSK7 firmware zip and install it manually on your device. However, before installing, let’s check out the basic info about the stock firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8
- Model No: SM-G950F
- Build number: G950FXXS6DSK7
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level: 2019-11-01
Before you flash the stock firmware, you need to follow some guidelines and get some other tools with you which is important for the installation.
- The firmware we have put up here is exclusively for the Galaxy S8 variant (SM-G950F). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone up to 50% or more to perform the installation without interruptions.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the tutorial to install the stock ROM on your Galaxy S8.How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 using ODIN Tool Video Tutorial to use ODIN tool and Install stock Firmware on Galaxy S8
So, that’s it. Download the firmware and flash it now to step up your Galaxy S8 variant to the November 2019 patch. We hope that this guide was useful to you.