Samsung started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) with build number G950FXXS6DTA1. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy S8 device in the European region.
As we speak, the update is live in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy S8 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy S8 Device overview:
Samsung Galaxy S8 was launched in April 2017. Samsung Galaxy S8 sports a 5.8 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. It is powered by 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 8895 Octa (10 nm). The device packs 64GB internal storage and 4GB of RAM. There is 512GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 12 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and an 8 MP shooter for selfies. Backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The handset has a back-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the G950FXXS6DTA1 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F)
- Region: Europe
- Build number: G950FXXS6DTA1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G950FXXS6DTA1) is supported for Samsung Galaxy S8
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S8 with build number G950FXXS6DTA1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.