Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy S8/S8 Plus in the European region. The update labeled with build number G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB which is still based on Android 9.0 Pie with OneUi 1.0. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus (SM-G955F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and Bosnia
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus model with build number G950FXXS8DTCB / G955FXXS8DTCB. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.