T-Mobile has started rolling out the latest July 2019 security patch to some of its Galaxy smartphones. Now, the build number G950USQS6DSG4 with July 2019 patch available for Galaxy S8 in USA rolling out via batches. We can expect a rollout process very soon for the Galaxy S8 device users.
Here in this article, we have shared the firmware download link and installation steps in detail for you. If you want to install the firmware on your device manually via Odin tool, check out the full article.
G950USQS6DSG4: July 2019 patch for T-Mobile Galaxy S8
T-Mobile Galaxy S8 is now receiving a new software update with the July 2019 security patch in USA region. It brings the latest Android Security Patch maintenance with the system improvements. However, there is no official changelog available yet.
Check for OTA Manually
T-Mobile Galaxy S8 device users will get the OTA firmware update very soon. As the OTA is rolling out in batches, it may take some time to roll-out completely. If you’re not able to receive the automatic OTA update notification on your handset, you can manually search for it:
- Go to device Settings menu > select System Update.
- Tap on Check for updates.
- If the new update with G950USQS6DSG4 appears, then press the Download and Install button.
- Wait for the complete installation process and you’re done.
- Make sure to connect your device to a working Wi-Fi connection for better speed and stability. So, your mobile carrier data won’t be charged.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least before installing the update.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8
- Carrier: T-Mobile
- Region: USA
- Model: SM-G950U
- Baseband Version: G950USQS6DSG4
- Security Patch Level: 2019-07-01 (July)
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Install Software Update on T-Mobile Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)
Before installing the new update you need to follow all the guidelines we have mentioned below. Download all the required tools, drivers, and firmware file before starting the installation process.
G950USQS6DSG4 | Download
- This ROM & guide is only for T-Mobile Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Take a complete backup without the root of your device data.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. If previously installed, then uninstall it and reinstall the driver to skip errors.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Installation Guide:Guide to Install Stock ROM on any Samsung Device via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We assume that you’ve successfully installed or updated the stock firmware on your device. Write down your comments below for any help.