Updated on February 29, 2019: Samsung Galaxy S8 is now receiving the latest February 2020 patch with the software version G950USQS7DTA6 based on Android 9.0 Pie in USA. The update is currently live for carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and US Cellular. If you want to install the update, you can do this by following this guide below.
The latest February 2020 Security Patch brings the system security vulnerability fixes and improvements for the US Carrier Galaxy S8. So, if you can’t wait for this OTA update, just download and install the update from this article using the requirements, download links, and step-by-step firmware installation guide.
Check OTA Update Manually
Due to the incremental OTA process, all users may not receive the firmware update at the same time. So, it’s better to check for OTA updates manually on your device in order to quickly install the firmware update.
However, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, go to the phone Settings > System > System Updates. Now, tap on Check for Updates option to search for the available updates. If available, just grab it by downloading and installing it.
Keep in mind that the phone battery should be charged more than 60% and the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8
- Model: SM-G950U
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, US Cellular
- Build Number: G950USQS7DTA6
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8
If you’ve already made up your mind to install the firmware manually on your device, then follow the guide properly.
- This latest firmware version (G950USQS7DTA6) is exclusive for the US Carrier Galaxy S8 variant. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Maintain the phone battery level by more than 60%.
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to back up the device data completely.
Firmware Installation Guide
Finally, let’s head over to the step-by-step firmware installation guide below.
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and installed or updated the February 2020 patch on the US Carrier based Galaxy S8 successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.