Updated March 23, 2018: Today AT&T finally started seeding the Android Oreo update for Galaxy S8 with firmware G950USQU2CRB9.
Updated on March 19, 2018: Now Sprint also started pushing the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S8 with the same build number G950USQU2CRB9. You can follow this guide to install Android 8.0 Oreo for Sprint Galaxy S8.
Updated on March 18, 2018: After Verizon, T-Mobile started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo update with build number G950USQU2CRB9 for Galaxy S8.
Verizon is currently rolling the G950USQU2CRB9 Android Oreo Update for Galaxy S8. The update moves the software version to G950USQU2CRB9. It also brings the February 2018 Security patch along with other improvements.
The update is currently rolling via Over the air (OTA) for users in the US running the stock firmware. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA. In case if you haven’t already received the update with build number G950USQU2CRB9, then hit the download button to start the update manually by following the steps below.
Samsung Galaxy S8 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in March 2017. The phone comes with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.9GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 835 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S8 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Talking about Android 8.0 oreo, it brings a lot of features to this device. It is the 8th iteration of Android OS which follows the Android 7.0 Nougat. It includes autofill API, App shortcuts, Background app activity limit, Notification dot, dual messenger, high contrast keyboard etc.
How to Manually Capture The G950USQU2CRB9 Android Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the G950USQU2CRB9 Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Galaxy S9 it.
Steps to Install G950USQU2CRB9 Android Oreo Update
In case if you have received the download link to the firmware G950USQU2CRB9 Android oreo update, then you can simply follow our guide to install manually.
Download G950USQU2CRB9 Firmware Here
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
So, that’s all. Install the latest Verizon/T-Mobile Galaxy S8 G950USQU2CRB9 Android Oreo update. After a long wait since Oreo is rolling for Galaxy S8 on Verizon and T-Mobile, you should not miss it.
You May Also Like,
- Android P developer Preview 1
- Features, Release Date Schedule for Android P
- Android P stock wallpapers
- Google Assistant now officially Supports the Hindi Language
- Android Wear is officially dead, say hello to Wear OS
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy S8 and other Samsung smartphones.