Following the release of Android Pie in the US for Galaxy Note 9 and S9, now tele-carriers based in the region are also providing the system upgrade for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus devices. Android 9.0 Pie for US carrier Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus variants are now rolling out with build numbers G950USQU5DSC1 (S8) and G955USQU5DSC1 (S8+). The system upgrades teams up with March 2019 security patch for the flagship duo. The update is now moving live over-the-air.
With Android Pie, new OneUI interface will replace the older Samsung Experience UI. There are new features like gesture navigation, enhanced APIs, Digital Wellbeing, App Slices, App Actions, Adaptive battery etc. To know more about Android Pie features click here.
How To Download OTA Update..?
Latest Android 9.0 Pie update G950USQU5DSC1 / G955USQU5DSC1 for US Carrier Galaxy S8/S8 Plus is rolling as over-the-air(OTA) update. Usually, you’ll get a notification on your respective phones. As the OTA update shows up on your phone, then all you have to do is simply download the new software to install it. Sometimes, it happens that you have to wait for the software update, but the OTA may delay a lot and won’t show up. Then to solve this, you can search for the latest OTA update manually. It’s very simple to do.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates
- If the G950USQU5DSC1 / G955USQU5DSC1 update shows up, then download and install it by following the instructions seen on the display.
Usually, the system upgrade weighs in gigabytes. So, ideally, you should find and connect to a good Wi-Fi network and download the update fast. Wi-Fi network will also save you from getting charged for data by the tele-carrier. Also, make sure to properly charge the battery of your device over 50% before installing the new update. This will help to avoid any low-power related issues during the installation of the new system update.
Also, there is another alternative method to get the Android 9.0 pie update immediately on your Verizon Galaxy S8/S8Plus. You have to download and install the firmware using the Odin tool.
Download G950USQU5DSC1 / G955USQU5DSC1 Firmware
Here is the download link for the firmware which packs Android 9.0 Pie update for Verizon Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Model: SM-G950US/G955US
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Sprint and Verizon
- Baseband Version: G950USQU5DSC1/G955USQU5DSC1
- Security Patch Level: 01.03.2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Install G955USQU5DSC1 Android Pie on Verizon Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
To upgrade your Galaxy S8 Plus to the latest Android 9 Pie manually you have to download the firmware and install it using the Odin tool. Make sure to download the latest version of the flash tool Odin. We have also put up the tutorial link which will help you install the new Pie OS based firmware on your phone. Check the basic guidelines before you get ready to flash the new Android Pie firmware.
- This Android Pie based firmware is exclusively for Verizon Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the firmware installation tutorial to help you install Android 9.0 Pie update on the US Carrier Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.How To Use Odin Tool to Flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Smartphone
So, if you’ve been waiting eagerly to upgrade your Verizon and Sprint based S8/S8 Plus to Android Pie, then grab the firmware and update now. You may also wait for the OTA to drop automatically. Install and enjoy the new feature Android Pie brings.