Verizon is currently rolling out the all-new July 2019 security patch for the Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) in USA. The new update comes with the build number G950USQU5DSG7 and is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The OTA will come down to the devices on its own. It’s an automatic process.
You can either wait for the OTA but it may not roll for everyone at the same time. So you can download the firmware that and update your phone by manually installing it. You have to use the ODIN flash tool to install the stock firmware to upgrade your Verizon Galaxy S8 to the latest security patch.
Check Software update on Verizon Galaxy S8
If you’re not able to receive the automatic OTA while others are getting it, you can manually search for it.
- Go to Settings > Systems Update
- tap on Check for updates
- If the new update with G950USQU5DSG7 shows up, then press Download.
Use the Wi-Fi network to avoid the data charges of the carrier when you download the new July 2019 update for Galaxy S8. Also, charge your device up to 50 % before installing the new software.
- Device Name: Verizon Galaxy S8
- Model: SM-G950U
- Baseband Version: G950USQU5DSG7
- Carrier: Verizon
- Region: USA
- Security Patch Level: 2019-07-01 (July Patch)
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install G950USQU5DSG7 Firmware on Verizon Galaxy S8
Before installing the new update you have to follow some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This ROM & guide is exclusively for Verizon Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U). Do not use it on any other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before installing the new update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new stock firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Firmware Download Link
Stock ROM Installation Guide
As said before, you have to use ODIN tool to install the latest stock ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U). Follow the installation guide linked below.
So, that’s it, guys. Do not miss the July 2019 security patch for your Verizon Galaxy S8. Download and install it manually or you can wait for the OTA.