Samsung is rolling out the July 2018 security patch for the Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955F). This bumps the new build number G955FXXS3CRGD based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The latest July 2018 software only steps up the security level of the phone with the current month’s Android patch. No other important feature accompanies this software bundle. Here is the July 2018 Android security bulletin. You can know in details about the CVE’s and threats that the latest update fixes
The July 2018 security patch is rolling over-the-air(OTA). It will be available to the devices in batches. Your phone will automatically catch the OTA. Then you will get the notification to install it. Alternatively, you can manually download and install the firmware zip which brings the security update with the latest build G955FXXS3CRGD and flash it.
How to Manually Capture OTA Update on Galaxy S8 Plus?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- Go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If there is any new software update on Galaxy S8 Plus with build G955FXXS3CRGD, you can hit the Download button to start downloading the software.
- Wait till the download completes and then tap on Install update to flash the new software.
- As the installation process completes your device will reboot. with the new software.
However, we suggest you find and connect to a strong Wi-Fi network to download the July month’s OTA update with build G955FXXS3CRGD. This will help you to save the carrier’s data charges. Also, make sure to have more than 70% battery charge on your phone. A low battery will stop the new update installation process.
Alternatively, you can also manually download and flash the OTA firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware bearing the build G955FXXS3CRGD and instructions to install the software update.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Model: SM-G955F
- Baseband Version: G955FXXS3CRGD
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
- How to fix the missing OEM Unlock button on any Samsung Galaxy Device
- How to Wipe Cache Partition on any Samsung Galaxy Device
Download G955FXXS3CRGD July 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S8 Plus[Firmwere Zip]
Here is the download link for the firmware that will update your Galaxy S8 Plus to G955FXXS3CRGD with July 2018 security patch.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S8 Plus [SM-G955F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
How To Install G955FXXS3CRGD Firmware on Galaxy S8 PlusWatch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest July firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus.Complete Tutorial to Flash Samsung Firmware Using ODIN
So,that’s all you have to do. Grab the latest July 2018 security update and fortify your Galaxy S8 Plus based on 8.0 Oreo.