Today Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus received the latest Android Security Patch for February 2018. The update bumps the software version to G955USQS2BRB1 which brings February 2018 Security patch along with Spectre and Meltdown security patches. The software is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Talking about the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S8 plus features a 6.2 inches Super AMOLED infinity display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 8895 Octa – International or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 – USA & China coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with Dual 12MP Rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy S8 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery.
The update is currently rolling via Over the air (OTA) for users running the stock firmware. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA. In case if you have already received the update with build number G955USQS2BRB1, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
Table of Contents
How to Update G955USQS2BRB1 Software on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus manually?
Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest G955USQS2BRB1 update on Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February Security Patch for SamsungGalaxy S8 Plus.
Steps to Install G955USQS2BRB1 February 2018 Security
In case if you have received the download link to the firmware G955USQS2BRB1, then you can simply follow our guide to install manually.
Download G955USQS2BRB1 Firmware Here
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Also, you may like to Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
So, that’s it. Install the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus G955USQS2BRB1 update from Verizon. The latest patch will fortify your device against all latest security vulnerability.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy series smartphones.