The South-Korean OEM Samsung has started the new year journey by providing the software update for many devices. Well, Today Samsung has released January 2020 patch for US carrier-based Galaxy S8 Plus with a software version G955USQS7DTA3. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. As we speak, the update is live for Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, and Virgin USA users. So, all the Galaxy S8 Plus users with the SM-G955U variant can download and install the firmware manually.
The software update is rolling out in a gradual process and soon will hit all the units completely. While the January 2020 Security Patch offers system security improvements and system stability as well. However, if you’re not getting the OTA update on your device for a while, you can manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S8 Plus.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
Though the OTA update is rolling out in an incremental manner, you should receive the update notification very soon. Head over to the device Settings > System > System Updates to check the latest updates.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Details: G955USQS7DTA3
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U)
- Region: USA
- Build Number: G955USQS7DTA3
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, and Virgin USA
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware is supported only for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: G955USQS7DTA3
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S8 Plus device with build number G955USQS7DTA3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.