Updated on November 4, 2017: Added the download link to download and install G955USQU1ZQJJ Oreo Firmware for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus. Enjoy!
Today Samsung started rolling the latest Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus and S8 Plus in the US. If you are looking for Android 8.0 Oreo update for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus with Samsung Experience 9, then you are at the right place. Now you can enjoy the latest Oreo beta update on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus. The update brings the build number G955USQU1ZQJJ for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus in the US.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and sent in a phase-wise manner. If you are signed for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus Beta program, then you will soon receive the OTA update on your phone running Stock Firmware. In case if you have rooted, then you won’t receive the OTA update with build number G955USQU1ZQJJ Oreo firmware on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus US. You can install the update manually by following this guide below.
Table of Contents
Download and Install G955USQU1ZQJJ Oreo Firmware for AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus US
The Stock Oreo firmware weighs almost 1.5GB in size which comes with all latest Oreo features and Samsung updates. After updating the Oreo firmware, you will notice the few changes in UI Interface and also new features. The camera app in the oreo update has slightly improved and redesigned.
If you still not received the OTA update on your phone, then you can manually upgrade to G955USQU1ZQJJ Oreo Firmware on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus. If you have received the update and need to download it, check out the below information:
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade August Security patch on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 8.0 LTE. As this update is based on Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check the update manually:
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus to Oreo Update manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus to Oreo OTA update.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Updated Changelog for Samsung Experience 9 Oreo:
- Version: Samsung Experience 9.0
- Build Numbers: G955USQU1ZQJJ
- Size: 1414.67 MB
- Manage notifications for each supported app with Notification Categories.
- Icons will be shown at the bottom of the panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
- Touch and hold a supported app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within that app.
- Notification badges on app icons and in the notification panel are now synced. Clear a notification on one, then it will clear on the other.
- New toolbar gives quick access to common functions.
- GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung Keyboard.
- More high-contrast keyboards are available.
- Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
- Touch and hold the Edge panel to change its position.
- Added three more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
- View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Select specific items to delete or restore from backup data.
- View the size of all your backups and see how many items they contain.
Samsung Dual Messenger:
- Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you’ll need a different phone number for each account.
- Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account, or go to Settings –> Advanced features –> Dual Messenger.
Find My Mobile:
- Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
- Samsung pass can be locked remotely.
- See more apps listed at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
- Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
- Added support for two additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- In Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC, are supported.
- In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed are added.
- Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
- Flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails in Email.
- A sticky notification tracks your steps in Samsung Health.
- Clock offers Landscape mode and timer sound options.
- Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
- Manage usernames and passwords in third-party apps using Samsung Pass.
- Added new unified workspace for Knox Workspace and Android for Work.
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest October Security Patch update G955USQU1ZQJJ on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To October Security Patch Update.
DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE FILES
Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G950U (G955USQU1ZQJJ).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install October Security Patch Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.