Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus in US carriers (SM-G955U) started receiving a new software update which brings April 2018 Security Patch level to the table along with regular bug fixes and improvement. The new update bumps the software version to G955USQU3CRD4 and it is currently rolling via OTA for T-Mobile/Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus users in the US. It is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo under the hood. According to the US carrier network, the update fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Now download and install either G955USQU3CRD4 April 2018 Security Patch on T-Mobile/Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and rolling in a stage-wise manner. To reach every user, it can take weeks or month to enjoy the latest April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number G955USQU3CRD4 on T-Mobile/Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U).
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S8 Plus?
- In your Galaxy S8 Plus, Open Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If you have the new software update, tap Download button to start downloading. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- The device will reboot, you can wait for the installation process to complete. Once it is done, Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade your phone, make sure that you have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U). As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the G955USQU3CRD4 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955U) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the G955USQU3CRD4 update that brings the April 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install G955USQU3CRD4 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Required Download Files
T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Plus Firmware:
Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus Firmware:
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported by T-Mobile/Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus [SM-G955U]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G955USQU3CRD4 on Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on T-Mobile/Verizon Galaxy S8 Plus based on Android 8.0 Oreo.