Samsung in Canada has started the new year journey by providing the software update for the Galaxy S10E with January 2020 security patch. The update is now available with software version G970WVLS2CSL1 based on Android 10. It’s rolling out for Canada carriers like Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link carrier. So, all the Canada Galaxy S10E users can download and install the firmware manually.
The software update is rolling out in a gradual process and soon will hit all the units completely. While the January 2020 Security Patch offers system security improvements and system stability as well. However, if you’re not getting the OTA update on your device for a while, you can manually install the firmware on your device.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
Though the OTA update is rolling out in an incremental manner, you should receive the update notification very soon. Head over to the device Settings > System > System Updates to check the latest updates.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Details: G970WVLS2CSL1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10E (SM-G970W)
- Region: Canada
- Build Number: G970WVLS2CSL1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Canada Galaxy S10E (G970WVLS2CSL1)
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware is supported only for Samsung Galaxy S10E [Canada].
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: G970WVLS2CSL1
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Canada Galaxy S10E device with build number G970WVLS2CSL1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
- List of Android 10 Supported Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Download LineageOS 17 GSI for Treble Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 17 and 17.1: Features, Release Date and Supported Devices
- How to Install Android Q Beta GSI on Project Treble Supported devices
- Android 10 Q Official Supported device, Features, and Downloads