Samsung started seeding a February 2021 security patch to Galaxy S10 Plus (SM-G975F) with build version G975FXXS9EUB1. The update is based on Android 10 and live globally.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except the security patch. A new security patch for February 2021 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
If you have not received the new build number (G975FXXS9EUB1) on your Galaxy S10 Plus, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the February 2021 patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
If you have received the update, then ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Firmware Details: G975FXXS9EUB1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Model: SM-G975F
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G975FXXS9EUB1
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
Table of Contents
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy S10 Plus using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G975FXXS9EUB1) is only supported by Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S10 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the February 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S10 Plus model with build number G975FXXS9EUB1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.