Finally, Samsung started rolling the most awaited update of One Ui 2.5 for the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G in the European region. The update is labeled with build number G981BXXU4BTH5. Along with the One Ui 2.5, the update also gets the August 2020 security patch.
One Ui 2.5 brings goodies that were introduced in the Galaxy Note 20 series. Well, this includes a manual selection of video recording resolution, Dex support, can use Android 10 navigation gestures on all third-party launcher apps, and many other new features and improvements.
If you have not received this update and want to try before it rolls out to everyone via OTA (over the air), then this guide is for you. We have included the instruction to download and install the Galaxy S20 5G One UI 2.5 Update (G981BXXU4BTH5) manually.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981B)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G981BXXU4BTH5
- Android OS Version: Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to Install One UI 2.5 on Galaxy S20 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G981BXXU4BTH5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the One UI 2.5 for your Galaxy S20 5G model with build number G981BXXU4BTH5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.