Samsung is one of the efficient OEMs when it comes to providing support for its flagship units. Speaking of which the OEM is rolling out May 2019 security path update for Galaxy A6 Plus. The new software carries the build number A605GNUBS3BSE1. It is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie operating system. As of now, the software update is marking its presence in the South American region.
South American region includes Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more.
The update follows its usual course via OTA. However, OTA may not reach everyone at a single time frame. So, manual installation of firmware will do the job. To do it, we have put up the firmware link for download and also the corresponding installation guide for your convenience. So, follow it up in the post ahead.
Table of Contents
Downloading the OTA..?
OTA drops in automatically to every device and so is the case with Galaxy A6 Plus (South America). However, often airborne updates don’t roll in time as per expectation. This means even if the update is available in some region, your region may not receive it at that particular moment. So, you have to search for the new software on your own. To do it,
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the A605GNUBS3BSE1 May 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The software may weigh in hundreds of MBs or in GBs. So, the ideal way to download the update is by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to juice up your device battery up to 50% or more before installing the new May month’s OTA update.
Here is a brief data about the firmware which packs the May 2019 security patch for Galaxy A6 Plus (South America).
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
- Region: South America
- Model: SM-A605GN
- Baseband Version: A605GNUBS3BSE1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Supported regions are: Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more.
How to Install May 2019 Update on Galaxy A6 Plus ..?
We have to follow the usual way of using Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy A6 Plus. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy A6 Plus. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Download A605GNUBS3BSE1 Stock Firmware for Galaxy A6 Plus
Here is the download link for the new May 2019 security based stock firmware for Galaxy A6 Plus (South America).
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Galaxy A6 Plus. We will make use of the Odin tool firmware flashing tool exclusively used for installing the firmware on Samsung devices.
So, that’s it, guys. We hope that this post is useful to you. Grab the monthly security patch for Galaxy A6 Plus and secure your device.