Samsung Galaxy M51 started receiving March 2021 security patch update with build number M515FXXU2CUC2 which is based on Android 11.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and will soon hit every user around the world. If you have a Galaxy M51 with variant SM-M515F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to March 2021 with build number M515FXXU2CUC2.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy M51:
If you are using Galaxy M51, then you may receive the March 2021 patch with firmware version M515FXXU2CUC2. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new updates, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy M51 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy M51 using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy M51 (SM-M515F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: M515FXXU2CUC2
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-03-01
How to Install March 2021 Patch on Galaxy M51
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (M515FXXU2CUC2) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy M51.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy M51 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the March 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy M51 model with build number M515FXXU2CUC2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.